Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Brewin' play list has

Allman Bros.
Arrested Development
Beck
Dylan
Marley
The Clash
The Cramps
The Doors
Dropkick Murphys
Eric Johnson
Faith No More
Flogging Molly
Frank Zappa
The Dead
G 'n R
Hank III
Iggy Pop
Hendrix
Satch
Satchmo
Coltrane
Jose James
Zeppelin
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Mumford & Sons
Neil Young
Floyd
The Pogues
Primus
Ray LaMontagne
The Replacements
Run D.M.C.
Shelley King
Steve Vai
SRV
Todd Snider
Tom Petty
Tripping Daisy
The Vandals
W.C. Clark

and of course, Miles Davis' Bitches Brew :rockin:

Just about any music is kosher on brew day; the first thing I learned from working at a winery was that music helps the whole process go down a hell of a lot easier. When you're spending hours bottling or even when equipment breakdowns make a nightmare out of brew day, music always seems to make it enjoyable.

That said, I'm thinking about tailoring my playlists to the beer being brewed. Metal for a huge imperial stout, oompah music for Bavarian lagers, classic rock for session ales. Some part of me really wants to believe that doing so will impart some soul to my beer:cross:.

Everything in my Itunes list!! Rock On !!

Stones
Genesis
Nervana
Silverchair
12 Stones
Pearl Jam
Drowning Pool
Nine inch Nails
Boston
Nickelback
Track Fighter
the Ventures
AC/DC
Godsmack
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Gerry Rafferty
Audioslave
10 Years
Marilyn Manson
Limp Bizkit
Stone Tempel Pilots
Van Halen
Sevendust
White Zombie

You know!! The classics! :D

started up a batch of American Brown Ale tonight

threw on some Talking Heads (Remain in Light) and Crosseyed and Painless came on and thought it was a perfect song for what we do, esp while waiting for my water to boil on my weak stove top

...still waiting...

what do you enjoy listening to while you brew?

Sweet, I thought I was the only person who could enjoy this album end to end. Such a great piece of work!

That being said, my last brewday, I spent listening to 'Tool - Laterelus'. I spent a few nights ago working on labels for different beers. Unfortunately, my photoshop skills are rather lacking.

only done one batch so far but it was slightly stoopid, expendables, dirty heads and sublime. went realy smooth and most important FUN.

I usually put on the Classic Rock or Blue channel on Comcast and crank it up so I can hear it outside my basement door (brewery). Does make the process seem smooth even for this old air guitarist :) Can't beat late 60's real rock.:cross:

Classic rock and progressive rock... Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio, Iron Maiden... Rush, Genesis, Yes...list goes on... all good ! =)

My hubs plays guitar, so brewing time he usually retreats to rock out for a few hours. Nearly every time I brew there's some live post rock being played in the other room.

Been brewing to Flogging Molly and Frank Turner as of late.

Frank Turner, Awesome. Saw him open for FM, great live.

For me,
The Pogues
Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem

Or some sort of Trojan Ska, Skinhead Reggae, Aggrolites, Slackers.

And maybe some Hank III

As cliche as it sounds, I've always been partial to Hendrix when I brew for some reason. Him, or Derek Trucks Band or Bonobo.

i'll second derek trucks! saw him and his mrs. in telluride this past september. blues and brews festival, ya'll gotta go to this sometime.

U gotta know r8rphan...he likes to slip downtown and sample the local crack a little too much. I keep tellin him they cut that **** w/ fairy dust and C-men (Charger hater...) from over the bridge :fro:, but he won't listen. As evidenced by the Right Said Fred and Bee Gees he's rockin on the ole ipood come brew day :rockin:...well, and the fact that he's a Raider fan...

:D

Wierd Al Yankovic
Scissor Sisters
Big and Rich
Ozzy Osbourne/Black sabbath
Bon Jovi
Various 'game music' remixes
Colin James
Black Label Society
Foo Fighters
Classical music
Phantom of the Opera
Eminem

... yeah, my playlist is all over the place.

I haven't brewed my first batch yet.. hopefully will do this weekend.. but with like everything I do I always listen to House Music...

311 Pandora station usually. I mean, they do have a song called "Homebrew" and the video is, well, interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally.. Death metal, black metal, and some heavy industrial. Crank up my stereo inside my house so I can hear it in the garage. I'm still surprised the police haven't shown up on a brewday. I live near a lot of elderly people.

Fetus said:
Generally.. Death metal, black metal, and some heavy industrial. Crank up my stereo inside my house so I can hear it in the garage. I'm still surprised the police haven't shown up on a brewday. I live near a lot of elderly people.

Dying fetus?

I listen to everything, but I gotta have my classic country in there somewhere.

Charlie Pride! We used to have an 8-track when I was a kid...

My list:

Van Halen
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Styx
Dream Theater
Trans Siberian Orchestra (gettin on a kick lately since seeing their AMAZING performance recently)
White Lion
Guns N Roses
Weird Al

Plus lots more of whatever I fee like at the time, but that's a good look at what I usually don't mind listening to.

I like to listen to the 90's alternative station on AOL Radio.

For those of you who listen to regular radio, I would give AOL Radio a shot. They play as many songs as regular stations play commercials and vice versa. www.aolradio.com

Back