Favorite amber ale kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmacmil

Reaction score
My 2nd homebrew was a Brewer's Best amber ale which I liked a lot. Would like to try another amber. Thinking about either the Austin Homebrew American amber or their Fat Tire clone. Any other suggestions? I want a complete kit, not an ingredients list. Thanks.

My 2nd homebrew was a Brewer's Best amber ale which I liked a lot. Would like to try another amber. Thinking about either the Austin Homebrew American amber or their Fat Tire clone. Any other suggestions? I want a complete kit, not an ingredients list. Thanks.

I did the Fat Tire clone a LONG time ago- and I remember really liking it! It's a balanced beer, not too sweet, not too hoppy, and I thought the kit was a solid recipe.

I don't remember doing an amber kit otherwise from AHS though. I would say that they are all good, though- I never got a bad kit from them. Pick one that looks good- they have "clone" kits, so if you know of an amber you like you could try one of those.

When you consider that AHS has over 900 recipes and their Fat Tire clone is their second best seller I believe that speaks volumes. I did the PM version a while back and will be doing the AG version in the not too distant future. It's one of those beers your BMC friends will usually drink without turning up their nose.

Back