Faster Co2 carbing at lower temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor310

Reaction score
So my temp sensor went out last night and got me keezer down to about 20-25 degress. I have typically done the 30 psi for 24 hours and then it's close to ready. With the beer sitting at 20ish degrees for a while while it is carbing, should i maybe bump it down to like 12 hours and then bleed it and set it at serving temp?

Maybe a few hours less force carbing, but I wouldn't think it will make a huge difference. The beer likely did not chill all that much that quickly, it takes a while to drop temp on a keg.

Well, the temp went out and it got down to 20 in it. I think it was there for a while, because there was a lot of ice and frost on the inside of the freezer. It probably ran for a while at that temp.

Turning the pressure down to serving psi is the safest move, how soon do you want to consume? Unfortunately you have some unknowns in play.

Perhaps instead of 30 psi, finish out the force carb period at 20 psi idk good luck.

Back