Fantasy Football 2015, League #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hindsight, benching Kirk Cousins this week will most likely go down as not one of my best coaching decisions ever. :(

No coach of the year award for me!

Well, I knew with Cam on the opposing team's roster that it would be close and likely result in a L on my side, but I didn't think he'd do so well. Then again, he's my QB on a league where I am tied for 1st and there's $300 involved, so hard to complain.

That said, I think I am out of it now, right?

Well, with two of my best players out and no reliable quarterback option, I think the odds are not in my favor. Either way, it's been a fun season and good luck @Ski12568 - I've got your box all set aside and ready to go, just in case!

Well, with two of my best players out and no reliable quarterback option, I think the odds are not in my favor. Either way, it's been a fun season and good luck @Ski12568 - I've got your box all set aside and ready to go, just in case!

I'm not sitting comfortable either. Cam might get benched fairly early to preserve him and I have no clue who is throwing to Hopkins. Hurns has been playing hurt and is probably just there as a decoy and Gore's line isn't helping. I'm looking forward to following our match this week, it's gonna be close

This was great. It's easier to say when you get your first championship! I have been in the playoffs pretty consistently over the last few years but have never done better than 3rd place. Receiving beer for my first win is icing on the cake. I will PM my info to everyone shortly. Can't wait till next year. Cheers!

I drink mostly IPA (non-imperial )but I would like to taste what you guys like. Homebrew or your favorite local would be cool

Congrats - I should be able to get the box packed and shipped early next week. Any other styles aside from IPA (just in case nothing good is fresh when I go shopping)

Anything is fine with me, I'm not picky. Send something you enjoy

Congrats man! I hope to get a box out within the week. I won't bother this week because it will sit on the truck and I have to shop still.

This was great. It's easier to say when you get your first championship! I have been in the playoffs pretty consistently over the last few years but have never done better than 3rd place. Receiving beer for my first win is icing on the cake. I will PM my info to everyone shortly. Can't wait till next year. Cheers!

Official congrats. I consider it a pretty lucky run even making it to the finals. Your team was pretty consistently good all year.

I might stew on my loss for a bit, but will get a box out eventually. ;)

Official congrats. I consider it a pretty lucky run even making it to the finals. Your team was pretty consistently good all year.

I might stew on my loss for a bit, but will get a box out eventually. ;)

Thanks, man

I hope everyone has gotten the shipping info at this point. Remember, we all agreed to ship beer so please follow through with this promise.

@ski12568 make sure to post pictures and to let me know who all you have gotten beer from so I can keep track for 2016 season.

I hope everyone has gotten the shipping info at this point. Remember, we all agreed to ship beer so please follow through with this promise.

@ski12568 make sure to post pictures and to let me know who all you have gotten beer from so I can keep track for 2016 season.

Will do. Info has been PMed to everyone on the list in the first post. Thank you

Congratulations, I just shipped your package. I will pm you the tracking number now.

My wife and I are both Sun Devils. She for undergrad, me for grad school. We met in a Tempe bar that I think is sadly no longer there - the Owl's Nest which was above the Hooters. Not even sure if the Hooters is there anymore. Downtown Tempe has changed quite a bit since the early 2000s.

Yeah, I think hooters is closed. I don't visit Mill ave too much anymore. Lots of new bars there though

Somebody has beer mail! :rockin:

1/08/2016 - Friday
8:40 am Delivered
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
7:15 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery PHOENIX, AZ
6:23 am At local FedEx facility PHOENIX, AZ
5:09 am Departed FedEx location PHOENIX, AZ

Meant to post this earlier but it's been a looooooong day! But it's beer time soon, woot woot!

Enjoy!

Box is packed up and ready to go, might not get picked up until Monday, but it's heading out soon.

View attachment 329987

Package received from @finsfan

I just ordered a bunch of items to start a yeast bank, going to try and save some from these bottles! Thanks!

Glad they made it!

The De Bom's are both sours, one is blended with two other beers. The diesel (a RIS) should be drank sooner than later. The Rye'd Home is a rye saison. Both the saison and RIS tend to gush a little, so be ready to pour right when you open them. I hope you enjoy them and let me know what you think. Cheers and congrats!

Glad they made it!

The De Bom's are both sours, one is blended with two other beers. The diesel (a RIS) should be drank sooner than later. The Rye'd Home is a rye saison. Both the saison and RIS tend to gush a little, so be ready to pour right when you open them. I hope you enjoy them and let me know what you think. Cheers and congrats!

Will do. I would drink the diesel now but the yeast needs to settle back down. Thanks for the heads up!

Will do. I would drink the diesel now but the yeast needs to settle back down. Thanks for the heads up!

Haha no problem. I dont know how in the world that yeast attenuated that beer so far (1.121 to 1.018, so ~86%) and then had enough left to over attenuate the priming sugar. Pretty hardy stuff!

Latest posts

Back