Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Appalachian BoSox fan? sorry for you! Timmy bwetter not throw a perfect game this sunday
you have no idea how much flak I take for that lol. My dad was from Boston, so we would always watch Sox and Celtics games together. If Tim was still on my team, there would be no possible way he would throw an PG, but since I shipped him, all bets are off :p

Yes yes, this was always set up as a keeper league from the get-go. The wording used in that post was just saying that it would only be a keeper league if we had enough people who actually played through the entire year.

On a related note, the guy who I brought in for the 12th spot doesn't seem to be following his team (2 active players on the DL). I've contacted him to see if there is something going on, or if it would be okay if I gave his team to someone else.

Do you know of anyone that might be interested here on HBT if I give the LI Galways to someone?

That makes sense! I've sent trade proposals to the Galways and have never heard back from him

you have no idea how much flak I take for that lol. My dad was from Boston, so we would always watch Sox and Celtics games together. If Tim was still on my team, there would be no possible way he would throw an PG, but since I shipped him, all bets are off :p

I can imagine! What say we make another friendly wager on the NBA finals...Lakers vs.Celtics!

Dodgers play Boston this year too!:mug:

I can imagine! What say we make another friendly wager on the NBA finals...Lakers vs.Celtics!

Dodgers play Boston this year too!:mug:
nah, not this month anyways, I have thrown a lot of money into my trip next week. But I'm sure we can find something in July that we can bet on so I can get another shot at some of those tasty west coast beers :mug:

nah, not this month anyways, I have thrown a lot of money into my trip next week. But I'm sure we can find something in July that we can bet on so I can get another shot at some of those tasty west coast beers :mug:

Too bad! I was looking forward to enjoying more southern beers after the Lakers beat the Celtics!

Ok, Ok...you can find someone now. I have everything under control this week. 210 point lead in hand. Peaks and valleys, peaks and valleys

we were talking about this week, but you're right...you are awesome, no doubt in my mind. Fantasy legend

we were talking about this week, but you're right...you are awesome, no doubt in my mind. Fantasy legend

Oh, you were talking about this week? Rodger...Not trying to be an awesome fantasy legend...But I'm not bragging about beating someone who isn't even trying.

Ray, Congrats on Buckholtz! Ouch, on benching Brett Cecil...I feel your pain, I benched Upton and he picked tonight to bust outta his slump,lol.

I'm itching for Monday. This two weeks on the byeweek shelf has been killing me!!!

Ray, Congrats on Buckholtz! Ouch, on benching Brett Cecil...I feel your pain, I benched Upton and he picked tonight to bust outta his slump,lol.
yea, i was hoping bucks would be good against the O's. I had doubts about cecil, but I think he might have earned him a spot for another week :)

I'm itching for Monday. This two weeks on the byeweek shelf has been killing me!!!

im looking forward to my 2 weeks off :D

So tomorrow is my first game back and I have two pitchers, Zito and Cueto, facing each other. Yay!

Dude:

Sent you a trade offer. I'm shopping Wieters around. His value depends on whether you think he'll break out of his current hitting slump.

Eagle61: OK, maybe you're in negative territory today, but my Sluggers only posted 14 points yesterday, so you aren't down by much.

Looks like my players were sick of sitting around for 2 weeks, posting 60+ pts on day one.

w00t!!

Strausburg still needs ALOT of work! Sure he scored 46+ points today because of his K's, but he fell behind in the count far too much

When I saw who's team Strausburg was on, I had a big groan.........untill I saw that he did not start! I guess I do have a little bit of luck.

that kid is something. I didnt see anything but the espn highlights, but whatever pitch he is using to set up that crazy curve makes an amazing 1-2 punch

that kid is something. I didnt see anything but the espn highlights, but whatever pitch he is using to set up that crazy curve makes an amazing 1-2 punch

That pitch is a 99 MPH fastball. Scary stuff. I hope he lives up to the hype around him, and doesn't fall victim to injury, drugs or circumstance. He can be great for the game.

That pitch is a 99 MPH fastball. Scary stuff. I hope he lives up to the hype around him, and doesn't fall victim to injury, drugs or circumstance. He can be great for the game.

I watched his entire outing(love being my own boss) "fanning" 14 batters is impressive(until you realize it was the Bucs lineup)

Honestly, he threw well. I'd give him a B-...he fell behind early and often in the pitch count(not a good habit,ask joe saunders) luckily he has very good stuff and was able to battle back from 2-0 and 3-1 counts because of one pitch, the MOST IMPORTANT PITCH IN BASEBALL...the changeup!

if you rely on a high 90s fastball, you will have a short and spectacular career. Major league hitter can hit the cheese,especially when they know its coming. The Nats' did the right thing by keeping him on the farm to develop his changeup(a pitch he didn't possess prior to this year) I LOVE HIS "SLURVE" mainly because i cannot hit a sliding curveball to save my life:(

that being said, his change is a nice pitch that will fool alot of hitters especially since it's 10 mph slower than his fastball. I wish they would have left him in to throw a complete game though!

This kid is the next Doc Gooden from what I saw last night. Very good fastball, curvball and slurve. the homeplate umpire had a hard time calling balls and strikes because he throws so hard. He is truly and unreal talent.

This kid is the next Doc Gooden from what I saw last night. Very good fastball, curvball and slurve. the homeplate umpire had a hard time calling balls and strikes because he throws so hard. He is truly and unreal talent.

You're saying the Blue had a hard time calling balls/strikes ,"cause he throws so hard?" It's not like he's he first pitcher to throw 99 mph.

yes...thats what Im saying. His stuff is pretty different. Even the announcers indicated that was the case. Again, I watched the whole outing. He was impressive.

Back