Extract Brewing - late malt addition question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stir with the electric dril starting at flameout. Stir like hell. Then let it settle for 20 minutes to 2 hours. I use brewBrite, too and the wort comes nearly crystalline, cool and all oxygentated...

I'm going to to order fivestar's "super moss" next month & tey that. My PM ales have this very thin light fog to them that's taking longer to settle out. I think it's protiens from the fine crush I use for PM BIAB. It'd be great to get'em clear faster than 2-3 weeks fridge time. It was easy with the 1st PM batch I did. Then this fog shows up. I guess yooper was right about clearing agents when I'd asked about it awhile back. Def needs a lil something with mashed grains & how fine the crush is.

Occasional. Between sanitizing carboys and such. Using a frozen bottle of water sounds like a good idea too.

Brewbrite is specifically designed to remove haze-causing proteins and is very effective.

Back