Evolution of Flavors with time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfmed

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to discuss how beer changes with time. Ive always been curious about the different flavors beer has before its complete. From wort to beer. I've always loved sampling beers at diferent stages and was wondering if there was anyone else like me.

Today I tried a brown ale I brewed last Friday, interesting taste for such few days of fermentation. I can't wait to see how it evolves with time.

Feel free to share your experiences with different beers and how they change over time!

I brewed an English barleywine many years ago and entered it onto a homebrew competition. I got mid 30s for a score "Too hoppy for style." I entered it again a year later and got my best score ever and second in bos.

I brewed an English barleywine many years ago and entered it onto a homebrew competition. I got mid 30s for a score "Too hoppy for style." I entered it again a year later and got my best score ever and second in bos.

Yea its interesting how hop flavor and aroma vanishes with time. Anyone know why?

Back