Ever wonder about what ads say about you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderkb

Reaction score
The ads on HBT suggest that you, dear reader, might enjoy beer and comfortable underpants. That sounds like a complement to me.

I have a subscription to Family Handyman magazine and let me tell you, the ads are somewhat offensive. The seem to think I'm an impotent, balding idiot.

Funny, all the ads on my pages are for psychotherapy...

Kidding, I think. Google and other internet companies track everything you do online. Book an airline ticket and the ads will be airport parking. Play a puzzle and the ads are for homebrew supplies, 'cause I'm here.
They are watching you.

A while back before I paid for membership, I had ads for alcoholism treatment come up, which I guess makes sense when you spend so much time looking up booze stuff. :drunk: Seems like there were some online dating ads as well.

Now, on FB I get a lot of ads for brewing equipment, as well as beer-related t-shirts and other trinkets.

Yeah man, same here! Beer tee adds on facebook, alky-blarf-aholic ads here. But how do I keep getting ads to get $$ for going back to college? I'm past giving a ratt's a$$ about school. Except maybe programming. I wanna use that software the cops have for tracing malware back to an exact room of a house to take care of these a-holes. Send a signal back to them after the trace to overload their power converter in the back of the tower! They'd see the laughing skull from the movie Independence Day, then POOF! Smoking dead zone...:ban::ban::ban:

Yeah man, same here! Beer tee adds on facebook, alky-blarf-aholic ads here. But how do I keep getting ads to get $$ for going back to college? I'm past giving a ratt's a$$ about school. Except maybe programming. I wanna use that software the cops have for tracing malware back to an exact room of a house to take care of these a-holes. Send a signal back to them after the trace to overload their power converter in the back of the tower! They'd see the laughing skull from the movie Independence Day, then POOF! Smoking dead zone...:ban::ban::ban:

Seems like you'd be getting a bunch of publishing-related ads.

Yeah, you'd think so. But not too many so far. A real publisher would be great, however. Marketing is everything. I'm back in the top 40 in the UK & top 80 here.

I saw a standup comedian who was complaining about spam. He said one e-mail asked if he wanted a longer peni$, the next one advertised how he could have breast enhancement. The punchline- wow is it these spammers know EXACTLY what I am looking for?!

I would click on this but it might be scary. One time I was shopping for a bicycle at Dicks Sporting Goods and wanted to check for online deals, so I went to dicks.com. The images are burned in my brain - it was horrible.

That is a search engine that doesn't track and doesn't filter results. While Google can theoretically filter results to provide a more tailored and relevant search result it can also push some issues up and some issues down.

If you want to have fun browse with tor. I do my social media through tor. Lately twitter sends me emails with people I might like in Germany. I guess I had a German ip last time...

Latest posts

Back