Ever have Squmpkin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
Every year we have pumpkins than grow at the edge of our compost pile and we get some pretty nice sized ones, this year we got a 40 pounder and several in the 20 -25 lb range. Last year the wife was on a spaghetti squash kick made it like every other weekend personally I love the stuff. So now we chucked the seeds and skin in with the rest of the kitchen scraps for the compost well sure enough some of these made it over the winter.

Everything was all well and good several pumpkins growing along with the squash. About Sept I noticed a few strange looking squash weren't yellow and were more rounded and orange in color instead of yellow.Didn't think anything of it till SWMBO cut one of them last night it was orange inside smelled like pumpkin but stringed out like spaghetti squash when it was cooked .Had the taste somewhere between a pumpkin and the squash and was actually very good .

Just found it interesting

Maybe a nice Squmpkin Ale on the list of experimental beers

I saved zucchini seeds from last year and this year I got long fat orange zucchini with think skin that don't rot quickly like zucchini would. Zuccins? Pumpini? We have them all sitting out by the steps for fall decorations, picked them in August I think. Wonder what I would get next year if I plant them again, may be sterile at this point.

Back