ESPN online SUCKS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
This article (accuracy not important to ESPN when it comes to Louisville) caught my attention.

I have complained to ESPN before, game results, conference standings, etc. are sometimes a week behind and do not reflect sometimes as many as 2 games per team. WTF?????

Isn't this their job? I know that their persona is almost a hungover frat guy who is cool and loves sports, but is that really the same guy that handles the web page? For such a dominant force, how do they get waway with being so incompetent?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/teams/louisville-cardinals/

Here's a pretty blatant error that I discovered this morning.

Below, you'll notice that their TV/ESPN3 schedule shows that ESPN will be showing the MK Dons FA cup match on Friday afternoon.
NewPicture-6.jpg

This is pretty laughable.
That match is taking place at that time in England, but the likelihood of ESPN showing the match, even on tape delay are about 1 in 99 billion.
MK Dons is a third tier soccer team in Englands Soccer Heirarchy.
This would be along the same lines as showing your local minor league baseball game.
I checked the local listings, and of course they show other programming.
Being an MK Dons fan, I've contacted ESPN to check on this....no response.

That is funny, but almost understandable........as a one time kind of thing.

If I ran ESPN, I would make sure that all of the previous days scores, etc. were updated by 6 am.

Sorry we didn't update it last night, but it is, after all just sports.

12 noon is ridiculous.

Hope you enjoyed sleeping in after your drunken night.

5 days later is absolutely INCOMPETENT. Scores them a "SUCK A$$" score from me.

What is the excuse???????5 days of a meth binge?????

This isn't corporate law, it is SPORTS. Granted you could report some pretty obscure stats. I just want wins/losses/scores.

It is a TOP 10 TEAM

(not that being ranked means your reporting should be faster, but if they can't get the top 10 right WHAT GOOD ARE THEY????)

Definitely looking ELSEWHERE. Recommendations?

Back