Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LightningBeer_16ozCanMock_WEB.png

Go Bolts! Make it 3!

Presidents trophy curse is still in effect. I'm sure glad the Avalanche avoided it this year, although it was close.

Bolts and Oilers are in a hole. Avs can punch their ticket to the show with one more road win.

The Avs are good at winning game one. TB is good at climbing out of a early series hole. About what we have come to expect.

Sweet win though.

Oh my, what was that? Vasilevskiy is gonna need some lotion on his neck for the burn from the lamp being lit.

Last edited:
They did it against the Rangers.
They were down 2-1 to the Leafs as well, and came back. TB is not a team to take lightly, and they are no stranger to winning, however, after watching game 2, I'm not sure they have any answers for the Avs. That was one of the most completely dominating games I have ever seen. They will need to come up with something positive, or this series is over.

They were down 2-1 to the Leafs as well, and came back. TB is not a team to take lightly, and they are no stranger to winning, however, after watching game 2, I'm not sure they have any answers for the Avs. That was one of the most completely dominating games I have ever seen. They will need to come up with something positive, or this series is over.
I think they found an answer. We'll see what happens next.

I'm decidedly not a gambler, but even I would put money on ^that^ being true :D

Anyway...I don't have a doggy in this hunt, would like it to go seven just to maximize the entertainment value.
Basketball is done, football is a ways distant, and it seems too early to get psyched about baseball...

Cheers!

I would have preferred a sweep, not out of arrogance, but because you don't want the other guy getting any air. At least we have a series.

Good luck Passedpawn on that extremely something feeling. I would love to go to the next Avs home game, but I'm just an average schmo. I cant quite find the 2+ grand for a nosebleed seat. I will just have to experience that extremely something feeling at home.

Well, that concludes the hockey season. Good job Avs, well-deserved Stanley Cup win.

My son and I were at the game last night and on the edge of our seats the entire time. Good season, but I think the Lightning are looking at a rebuild. We've lost a lot of our speedy players in the last year and it's showing.

1656354624163.png

Passedpawn, your bolts had a great run, played every game of the last three seasons, and made this Cup Final one of the best I have seen. After game 2, I thought that this may be a breeze, but TB showed heart and passion, and a no quit attitude of a winner, and I hope Colorado can exhibit the same in the future. Congrats for your success, and all hail the new Champs. 21 years in the making.

1656378151446.png

This is from the last time our Avs held possession and I hope to get another chance to stand beside it, obviously with much more gray in my beard.

Passedpawn, your bolts had a great run, played every game of the last three seasons, and made this Cup Final one of the best I have seen. After game 2, I thought that this may be a breeze, but TB showed heart and passion, and a no quit attitude of a winner, and I hope Colorado can exhibit the same in the future. Congrats for your success, and all hail the new Champs. 21 years in the making.

View attachment 773293

This is from the last time our Avs held possession and I hope to get another chance to stand beside it, obviously with much more gray in my beard.
Before or after they repair the base from Aube-Kubel tripping with it?

It's too damned early for hockey, but whatever, the Boston Bruins open the season with a nationally televised 5-2 win over their nemesis Washington Capitols as Pastrnak goes wild with four points on the night. Considering how much Boston talent is on injury leave (Marchand, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, etc) I was surprised they could beat the Caps on the road.

I missed the excitement Marchand brings, but he'll be back in early December...

Cheers!
1665625965011.png

Last edited:
Bruins have had an exceptional opening this season playing like a house on fire.
They take their 9-1 record to the MSG tonite to face the Rangers, and considering the TNF game has the 7-0 Eagles playing the 1-5-1 Texans, hockey will likely be the go-to entertainment tonight :D

Cheers!

Good game by the bolts but somehow the Flyers finally found a way to beat them. After losing the last 10 games to them.

Yea, the Lightning are possibly in a rebuilding phase (nobody wants to admit it, though). We had a VERY exciting game against Ottawa Tuesday night, one of the best I've seen in a while.

I've got an Old Fashioned in my rocks glass and I'm ready for more hockey tonight.

(funny, I used to watch so much baseball, and I don't watch any of it anymore since I discovered hockey)

Back