Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Leafs remain tied for first in the east, though Tampa has played one less game.

I don't think anyone thought the Lightning would be there though, and I'll be impressed if they still are in two weeks because WOW do they have a difficult schedule over that timeframe:

Detroit
Boston
Montreal
Anaheim
Phoenix
LA
San Jose
Anaheim

GL to any Tampa fans!

And holy ****, I just noticed that a team in the BOTTOM HALF of the Western conference has the *exact same* amount of points as the teams TIED FOR FIRST in the East.

That is insane. And really unfortunate, since still nobody cares about the West.

It's the first friggin' week of November, fer chrissakes, and there's a whole lot of parity going on so far. Keep your panties dry...

Cheers! ;)

What a freaking Jekyll and Hyde game tonight. Kind of a pattern with the Leafs, though. Hopefully the 3rd period is more like the 2nd and less like the 1st.

Anyone besides me watch Colorado put a hurtin on Calgary? I'm telling ya this year makes up for all the bad years I've had to deal with. Go AV'S!

...and sometimes the bear gets you.

1770352317.jpg

Cheers! :rockin:

Wow. Bruins fans all spear at once! Nothing like hockey's most important team to get all the worms out of the woodwork.

Thought boston outshot Toronto 100-10 tonight but somehow tied 34-34. Toronto off their game not getting out shot 2:1, hence the loss.

We will get you next time! Good job on the bruins getting their arms up EVERY SINGLE HIT too - now I understand what Habs fans whine about all the time!!

Good game though. You can tell these teams do not like each other. Liking forward to the next one.

Wow. Bruins fans all spear at once! Nothing like hockey's most important team to get all the worms out of the woodwork.

Thought boston outshot Toronto 100-10 tonight but somehow tied 34-34. Toronto off their game not getting out shot 2:1, hence the loss.

We will get you next time! Good job on the bruins getting their arms up EVERY SINGLE HIT too - now I understand what Habs fans whine about all the time!!

Good game though. You can tell these teams do not like each other. Liking forward to the next one.

Like I said, it's gonna be a good rivalry this year.

Didn't look good for Stamkos. I hope he's ok. The announcers said it looked like he said the broke word. Too bad. I love to watch him play.

Bulls Beers said:
Didn't look good for Stamkos. I hope he's ok. The announcers said it looked like he said the broke word. Too bad. I love to watch him play.

This does not bode well for Team Canada. Hope it's not too serious.

GMs are talking about extending 4on4 OT and even possibly going to 3on3 before resorting to a shootout. Interesting, and anything's better than a shootout.

I suspect the NHLPA will weigh in against extending 4-4 or adding 3-3 to the mix. At some point you have to end the game, preferably without wearing players out to the point that they're all carrying pianos the next night.

With the totally hosed schedule last year the Bruins played six games in eight nights and it nearly knocked them out of playoff contention. They were gassed so bad it took almost a month for the team to get "right" again...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
I suspect the NHLPA will weigh in against extending 4-4 or adding 3-3 to the mix. At some point you have to end the game, preferably without wearing players out to the point that they're all carrying pianos the next night. With the totally hosed schedule last year the Bruins played six games in eight nights and it nearly knocked them out of playoff contention. They were gassed so bad it took almost a month for the team to get "right" again... Cheers!
That's because they have some stupid requirement to have a light schedule at the beginning. Of the season, just like this year. **** the bruins. **** boston. **** the shoutout.

10min ot and then of its a tie it's a tie.

At least the wings are getting consolation points with all these losses. Although I think the NHL should do the 3-2-1 point system. 3 for win, 2 for win in OT, and one for a tie. Get rid of the consolation points.

At least the wings are getting consolation points with all these losses. Although I think the NHL should do the 3-2-1 point system. 3 for win, 2 for win in OT, and one for a tie. Get rid of the consolation points.

Whenever someone bothers to recalculate the standings based on this, it always works out to something very insignificant.

The top teams are going to be the top teams regardless. If the bubble teams want to get in the playoffs, they should just play better instead of re-jigging the rules.

They've already made shootout wins less significant though - I really do think this will have a huge impact at the end of this season with several teams tied and needing to use this to determine who gets to play in late April and who doesn't. It'll be interesting for sure.

I'd rather see the shootout abolished than start giving the Leafs 3 points every game.

Most days I'm against the shootout. Two extra points from shootouts for the Wild in the past 2 games. So I'm not hating it today.

Close one last night at the X against Da Leafs. A special shout out to to Phil for knocking it past your goalie, as the Wild couldn't seem to do it themselves during regulation.

Most days I'm against the shootout. Two extra points from shootouts for the Wild in the past 2 games. So I'm not hating it today.

Close one last night at the X against Da Leafs. A special shout out to to Phil for knocking it past your goalie, as the Wild couldn't seem to do it themselves during regulation.

Even the league says that hit Kadri got a match penalty for was on the body as the main point of contact, and the dude just had his head down like an idiot.

In other words, none of that should have happened.

However, he had a phone hearing with Shanahan about the incident where he plowed into Backstrom. Whether or not the player is injured shouldn't matter, but it does anyways, so Kadri got a 3 game suspension. Which is made all the more catastrophic due to the fact that, due to injuries, he was the *only* natural Center we had left playing - now it'll be none! The silver lining here is that we have a home-and-home against Buffalo on Friday/Saturday, and then the Islanders on Tuesday... so even with such a crippled roster we still have a shot at picking up points.

Back