Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruins made the Hawks look like the Rockford Ice Hogs last night. Couldn't complete a pass, get in the zone or put the puck on the net to save our lives. Hopefully we can steal one tomorrow night to take back home ice, but damn, well played by the Bs.

They will have to steal game 4 from Rask. He is locked in right now. Seems to me that Chicago is getting a little frustrated. Just like Pittsburgh was. Not a good sign if you were a hawks fan...

On a different note, apparently the Windy City has no shortage of conspiracy theorists, who are now postulating on the NHL.com boards that the NHL wanted the Bruins to win the Cup all along this year because it would be a "nice story" wrt you-know-what-happened-this-April.

Which is totally ridiculous, because everyone knows that the league actually wanted the Penguins to win the Cup this year...

Cheers! ;)

That's crap, the Hawks played like sh¡t, the coaching/roster and line moves have been very questionable on their part (not just last night) and the B's just flat out were the better team last night. Also, it'd be nice if Toews showed up for a game or two and if Hoss isn't out too long. I'm still saying Hawks in 6 or 7, but if we lose Wed, it's likely over. Ya only get one miracle comeback a year.

I dunno about the POW Conf. this postseason, but the officiating has been pretty crappy in the POs. Lots of phantom calls, lots of ticky tack penalties in crucial moments, probably evens out in the end but the officials are acting like MLB umps.

That's crap, the Hawks played like sh¡t, the coaching/roster and line moves have been very questionable on their part (not just last night) and the B's just flat out were the better team last night. Also, it'd be nice if Toews showed up for a game or two and if Hoss isn't out too long. I'm still saying Hawks in 6 or 7, but if we lose Wed, it's likely over. Ya only get one miracle comeback a year.

I dunno about the POW Conf. this postseason, but the officiating has been pretty crappy in the POs. Lots of phantom calls, lots of ticky tack penalties in crucial moments, probably evens out in the end but the officials are acting like MLB umps.

WHen it comes to Western Conf. vs Eastern Conf., the "silly side" of the League doesn't stand a chance. I just hope Chicago can get something done to make this look like anything but a cakewalk for Boston. More HRR for Mr. Bettman.

WHen it comes to Western Conf. vs Eastern Conf., the "silly side" of the League doesn't stand a chance. I just hope Chicago can get something done to make this look like anything but a cakewalk for Boston. More HRR for Mr. Bettman.

The "silly side"? You mean like Canada? Oh, wait..... Canadians don't play hockey in June. :ban:

Seriously though, I agree, Chicago's gotta do something. They can't play like they did last night. Players gotta start playing and the coach needs to stop playing (with lineups). Stick with what gotcha there, Chicago's as good overall as Boston, more skilled, and capable of at least giving themselves a chance at the Cup. Last night was nauseating to watch, the only player living up to his potential was (again) Sharpie.

The "silly side"? You mean like Canada? Oh, wait..... Canadians don't play hockey in June. :ban:

Seriously though, I agree, Chicago's gotta do something. They can't play like they did last night. Players gotta start playing and the coach needs to stop playing (with lineups). Stick with what gotcha there, Chicago's as good overall as Boston, more skilled, and capable of at least giving themselves a chance at the Cup. Last night was nauseating to watch, the only player living up to his potential was (again) Sharpie.

Ha! And yup, my boy Sharpie is always determined and the puck always seems to find him. Hopefully Big Hoss is back so they can stick w/ Toews, Hossa and Saad on the first line and Handzus, Kane and Sharp on the second line.

Agreed, though I'd like to see Saad stop white knuckling out there. It seems every time the puck finds him, he whiffs on a shot or coughs it up. If Hoss' injury was just for last night's game, it'll be a series. Let's hope.

How the hell did my name get attached to that quote?

WHen it comes to Western Conf. vs Eastern Conf., the "silly side" of the League doesn't stand a chance.

It was a lot sillier from 1992-1998. Kicking the Leafs out made everyone take Western Conference little more seriously. At least on the ice.

They will have to steal game 4 from Rask. He is locked in right now. Seems to me that Chicago is getting a little frustrated. Just like Pittsburgh was. Not a good sign if you were a hawks fan...

Pittsburgh got swept because they fundamentally didn't know how to play modern hockey.

bruins won last night, play again tomorrow, and tonight i am signing an accepted offer letter for my first home...

images

what a week

Is that why they won so many games this season? Playing "old" hockey?

I didn't watch them in the regular season. I didn't see them dump and chase once against Boston, IIRC. They just kept trying to skate it in only to be easily turned away almost every single time.

Bruins came oht flat until the end of the 2nd. But after that it was so back and forth it was anyones game... Was hoping to pad the leadsome with a win last night

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the situation happening in Alberta right now, but here is a pic of the flames home arena a couple hours ago. the water level inside has risen up to the 14th row so far

ForumRunner_20130621_165338.jpg

Goofynewfie said:
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the situation happening in Alberta right now, but here is a pic of the flames home arena a couple hours ago. the water level inside has risen up to the 14th row so far

Holy crap! I had no idea there was flooding in Alberta! I guess if they can salvage the SuperDome in New Orleans they'll right that ship too. Lots of work ahead of them. I hope everyone is safe.

Here in edmonton we are ok so far, but calgary is in bad shape. The downtown is flooded as well as the stampede grounds being underwater as well. The stampede is scheduled to start in approx 2 weeks

MeatyPortion said:
It was a hit to the head. You're not winning this argument.

Or to the upper shoulder, just watched it...the head wasn't hit. No penalty, no suspension = not that dirty

Shannahan has handed down discipline for less. Think Torres on Stoll earlier in the POs, really similar, not intentional, Stoll (as Toews did), shifted position late which resulted in more head contact, but still hard to the head.

Latest posts

Back