Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my post was a bit tongue in cheek.

St. Louis is a team with nothing to lose. But I think the trick is to not forget that when playing them. I think Detroit figured they would be a cakewalk, and that is never a good thing to assume when playing in the NHL.

Detroit also has been giving up some winnable games these last couple of weeks, but so has Chicago. I see a 50-50 chance they beat St. Louis.

That is the problem with getting so far infront and locking up spots early, set the cruise to coast and ease into the playoffs. Detroit loosing to St. Lou, Van loosing to Edmonton. On paper, they shouldn't really be a good game, but when both teams don't care, strange things happen.

I really need the Flyers to win their last three games...I have a bet going that they'll finish first in the conference against someone who claims it will be the Caps. Playing Ott, Buf, and NYI should result in at least 2 wins. Washington has Toronto and a home and home against Florida.

Florida's sat game should be an easy win for the caps.. But then again I don't think slo-koun will be dressing, Clemmer is much like Anderson was a great back up he just needs more time. Panthers never shoot and fall asleep mid way through the second period.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Ugh the flyers have been freaking painful to watch lately. No pronger, briere or betts still doesn't mean you should lose 5-2 to Ottawa. Absolutely pathetic. This team is really pissing me off lately.

Looks like Dallas is trying to sneak in! Chicago is looking over their shoulder now.

As a Canucks fan, I would love to see Dallas get in over the Hawk's. But the way they boys played the last two games vs the Oil, I don't think it will matter who they play. THAT SUCKED HARD!!! Good thing they had a spot wrapped up months ago and hopefully are coasting in to keep out of injury problems, I just hope they can kick start the play again before the playoffs start.

Not so fast...

LOL!!

What a great night for hockey! It's getting good now. Sad to see Toronto get eliminated. I was hoping for a late season run to sneak them in.

Looks like Dallas is trying to sneak in! Chicago is looking over their shoulder now.

No kidding...Michael Leighton cleared rentry waivers today. What is going on in Philly?

By the way: how the hell was Toronto still possibly in playoff contention until last night? Even if they had won that plus their other two games it would have only been 90points. Something was not adding up, not that it matters now.

MeatyPortion said:
By the way: how the hell was Toronto still possibly in playoff contention until last night? Even if they had won that plus their other two games it would have only been 90points. Something was not adding up, not that it matters now.

The way I understand it is that we wouldve had to win all the rest of the games in regulation or OT, and buffalo ha to lose all theirs in regulation, and then Carolina had to lose a few. I think. It was horrendously complicated and immensely unlikely

I don't know. I caught the replays on NHLN last night and they said that the Leafs were officially out of it. First ever 6-season no post-season stretch in franchise history.

Homercidal said:
I don't know. I caught the replays on NHLN last night and they said that the Leafs were officially out of it. First ever 6-season no post-season stretch in franchise history.

Yeah, last night I heard that too but they went into last night with 84 points. The best the could have done was 90 and the current eighth seed in the east has 91. Even going by divisions they couldn't have done it. That what gets me: how is the NHL saying they still had a chance going into last night?

mikebowman said:
The way I understand it is that we wouldve had to win all the rest of the games in regulation or OT, and buffalo ha to lose all theirs in regulation, and then Carolina had to lose a few. I think. It was horrendously complicated and immensely unlikely

Ah, thanks I got it now. The Sabres were sitting at 89 going into last night. Got it now.

I was on the verge of a heart attack all day.
Not quite like 6-9-2010, but it reminded me of the playoffs.
I guess we'll see if Vancouver can beat Chicago in a series.
I'm hoping Bolland is back.
Could be a great series for 1st round.

(no matter how I feel about the Canucks and many of their fans, I still LOVE the city of Vancouver very much)

Let the 2nd season begin!

:mug:

Chicago almost deserved to be out of the playoffs with how they played earlier. I'm glad they're in but I don't see them going past the second round.

I was sort of bummed that Dallas didn't beat Minn, but I'm not sure they deserved to be in any more than Chicago.

I would not bet against Vancouver right now. My gut feeling is that anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. Except Vancouver...

ErieShores said:
I'm still not sold on Vancouver, an upset is possible.

Agreed. Chicago's had vancouver's number in the playoffs recently. Regardless, it'll be a great series. Then BOS-MTL in the east? Wow I can't wait!

As much as it hurts that the leafs are out (I guess I'm getting used to it), I'm really excited for these playoffs. Now to pick a bandwagon team... Wouldn't it be great to see Phoenix go far?

Wouldn't it be great to see Phoenix go far?

NO #2. Getting a little tired of hearing about them. I would like to see them come back here to Winnipeg, but really, I would like to see them shut up and get something done. Bettman and his buddies screwed the pooch big time on this experiment, and I would like to see him finally admit to it.

Cheering for Vancouver, and it is not Chicago that scares me this year. they don't have the team they had for the last two years, and I don't think Crawford is going to pull a miricle out his butt. I am worried more on a healthy Wings or a hot Ducks now.

Healthy or not, the Wings are as streaky as a window washed with used motor oil.

Z is out for now, but should return. And I agree, he hasn't been the same player that he was before, but still one of the top point scorers on the team and generally a pretty good player.

I'm more worried about Nashville than nearly anyone except Vancouver. The Preds owned Detroit a few times this season. Maybe it's a case of Detroit not "getting up" for a Preds game, but whatever the reason, I am glad we aren't facing them in the first round.

Except Zetterturd is out. Which may not be a bad thing, that guy isn't earning half of his 6 million.

_

Isn't earning his 6 million? The guy has led the Wings offensively this season as well as being the top shutdown center! The dude is a beast.

Wings over Coyotes in 5:ban:

Isn't earning his 6 million? The guy has led the Wings offensively this season as well as being the top shutdown center! The dude is a beast.

Wings over Coyotes in 5:ban:

24 goals? Hardly, he may lead in total points, only because Datsyuk was hurt.
Trust me i'm a huge fan, but he's not the same player he was in the past for some reason.

Plus Howard scares the crap out of me, they'll be lucky to get past the second round. Nashville is really closing the gap, although they can never get out of the first round.

Now if we had Pekka Rinne, I would feel way better about things. How does Nashville get all those solid goalies??

_

24 goals? Hardly, he may lead in total points, only because Datsyuk was hurt.
Trust me i'm a huge fan, but he's not the same player he was in the past for some reason.

Plus Howard scares the crap out of me, they'll be lucky to get past the second round. Nashville is really closing the gap, although they can never get out of the first round.

Now if we had Pekka Rinne, I would feel way better about things. How does Nashville get all those solid goalies??

_

+1 on Howard scaring me too. But you have to admit the Defense has left him out to dry a bunch too. No other option anyway. Have to go with him.

I have this weird feeling that the Caps will win the cup this year. Not sure why.

Me too. They kind of snuck back to 1st in the East this year. Their game isn't flashy like it usually is, so people don't seem to be hyping them up, but I think they will go pretty deep.

Back