Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... You can't really blame him for that. It must be tough being such a small guy in the NHL. It would be a lot easier for him to have some sack if he was decent size.

He's been to finals 3 of 6 years post lockout winning once. Number one defenseman on any team in the league. I'd be mad he wasn't on my team too.

He's been to finals 3 of 6 years post lockout winning once. Number one defenseman on any team in the league. I'd be mad he wasn't on my team too.

Wow, Really??

Lidstrom has been to the Finals 6 seasons and took the cup home to Sweden 4 of those seasons. As a matter of fact, he's never NOT been in the playoffs s his entire career.

Lidstrom has won the Norris trophy 6 times in his career, compared to Pronger's single entry.

I really like Madonna's records, but I'm not going to proclaim her the greatest female artist in history...

Homercidal said:
Wow, Really??

Lidstrom has been to the Finals 6 seasons and took the cup home to Sweden 4 of those seasons. As a matter of fact, he's never NOT been in the playoffs s his entire career.

Lidstrom has won the Norris trophy 6 times in his career, compared to Pronger's single entry.

I really like Madonna's records, but I'm not going to proclaim her the greatest female artist in history...

Okay, okay. No need to get the panties twisted. Detroit aside, who wouldn't welcome Pronger as their #1. Lidstrom is a freak in a class of his own. Nothing but respect for the guy, I'm pretty sure you could see what I was getting at though.

I also never said he was the greatest...

Make sure you watch your step when backpedling that fast. I juat dont want you to trip... maybe twist an ankle.

:cross:

backpedaling? Hardly. I'd still take Pronger over Chara 11 times out of 10.

I have no problem admitting when something i say isn't completely accurate.

Who said anything about Chara??? Why so obsessed with him?

.... And I THINK "admitting that something you said isnt entirely accurate"... after saying it with a bit of authority is actually the definition of backpedaling.

I'd take Weber over Chara or Donger. If he'd only learn to control that wicked slapper.

_

What have I got to lose? (nothing) I figure if I can bet on the Lions during football season (thank you Hugh Jazz!!) I can certainly bet on the Wings during the hockey season.

I'll bet 2 Hopslams against 2 of your IPA or whatever you have on hand.

Yikes, you lose either way. ;) :D

Wow, Really??

I agree with everything here except the Madonna part (at least the part about liking her records, the second part I won't argue with). And there are several defenseman in the league I would take over Pronger, especially at this point in his career. As far as the flyers dominating, I don't see that either, but I suppose anything can happen this time of year. Funny how Cape got Barnzy02 going though, I don't even think Cape watches hockey.:D

I'd take Weber over Chara or Donger. If he'd only learn to control that wicked slapper.

_

Weber is a great defenseman no question. Great in all 3 zones and plays with some snarl.

I'd love to see him wear the winged wheel someday, but I think that is a pipe dream.

Then how come no one team has ever kept him that long??

Look what he brought in those trades...everything is for sale if the price is right.

And all three times were with different teams.

Wow, Really??

Madonna is the very arguably the greatest and most influential female artist in the history of music. If not her, then who?

The fact that Pronger went to the Finals with teams like Edmonton and Anaheim speaks volumes. It's one thing to play for a team like Detroit and talk about winning, it's another to talk about teams like Anaheim and Edmonton.

You can put any defenseman in the league on Detroit's roster and he's going to be able to say he's gone to the finals and brought the Cup home.

You can't compare going to finals on Detroit's roster to going to the finals on Edmonton or Anaheim.

Who said anything about Chara??? Why so obsessed with him?

.... And I THINK "admitting that something you said isnt entirely accurate"... after saying it with a bit of authority is actually the definition of backpedaling.

Correcting yourself and admitting you're wrong isn't backpedaling.

Well that was just plain miserable. The atmosphere was awesome going into the game, even after the Bruins went up 1-0. Even going into the third down 5-2, the fans still believed, but the effort was just plain miserable all the way around. The defense is wholly responsible for this loss. There were about 4 players I'd say were good and the rest were terrible.

They better respond with a win on Monday. That will be the easiest game the Bruins play in this series.

Oh well, one game. They lost the opener to the Sabres, too. Had fun with my 13 month old daughter at the game. Took the XL orange shirt and made a cape for her and she got on the big screen with it. Did the tailgate thing with a small grill and some homebrew. Great day outside the loss.

Well that was just plain miserable. The atmosphere was awesome going into the game, even after the Bruins went up 1-0. Even going into the third down 5-2, the fans still believed, but the effort was just plain miserable all the way around. The defense is wholly responsible for this loss. There were about 4 players I'd say were good and the rest were terrible.

They better respond with a win on Monday. That will be the easiest game the Bruins play in this series.
The Defense?? I would blame it on the goalie...He sucked..Your goaltenders better play better or it's lights out for you....

Had fun with my 13 month old daughter at the game. Took the XL orange shirt and made a cape for her and she got on the big screen with it. Did the tailgate thing with a small grill and some homebrew. Great day outside the loss.

What the hell???? C'mon man!!! "obnoxious hockey trash talk"!! How am I supposed to gloat about how much the Flyers sucked the place out and how overrated Pronger is after a post like this!?!

Even I'm not so much of an ahole that I can be obnoxious about, "but at least I had a really nice day with my daughter"!!

Bastard.

Go B's!

Well, two positives that I can take out of last night's loss to the Predators are that I managed to make it through the entire game without falling asleep and I made it through the entire game without gouging my own eyes out.

Not a good way to get into OT, but it got there. Rennie not only had the horse shoe up his butt, but managed to get the whole horse up there as well. It ended with the wrong team winning, but at least Vancouver is playing good hockey. If they evr manage to get all 4 lines rolling at the same time, and keep the play up, they will dominate the Preds, but as long as the Preds can keep it close and get the one lucky bounce they are in every game.

I think a lot of the key saves Rinne made in OT were not luck. The game winner was perfect set up. I think the Preds played an incredibly solid game. That is their style, they don't have a lot of offense.

Back