Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Math can be beautiful-

AVG Penatlies/gm in the regular season:

VAN - 4.82
CHI - 3.23

AVG EXPECTED penalties in the playoffs through 6 games:

VAN - 28.92
CHI - 19.38

ACTUAL Penalties through 6 games:

VAN - 32
CHI - 20

conclusion, canucks=undisciplined hacks

Wow... Hawks have a horseshoe up their butts. I can't believe they scored short-handed like that in the last 2 min... check that... I can believe it, just totally improbable.

Vancouver's played the better game and the whistle swallowing has allowed them to take a lot of liberties with the holding and interference, but hot damn, thought it was over...

Crazy stuff.

Hit on Spacek in the Canadiens game different than the boarding on Kane a few minutes ago how? These dangerous play and player safety calls are in need of some serious consistency checks.

Talk about a fitting end for the Hawks this season... they could not have possibly been more inept at clearing critical pucks or biffing on key clearing and passing attempts in their own zone all year, and that's how it ends...

bless the Canuck.

Nice series. Canucks out-everythinged the Hawks this game and deserved the win, Crawford kept it interesting.

Chicago keeps getting these out of nowhere goalies for the playoffs. great game last night, and the right team won. Not that I am a Nucks fan, but game 6 and 7 were dominated by the Canucks, and if it wasn't for Shnides head up the butt plays, it wouldn't have been a game 7. Hopefully they can put game 4 5 6 behind them and play the way they did in the other four.

Chicago keeps getting these out of nowhere goalies for the playoffs. great game last night, and the right team won. Not that I am a Nucks fan...

Maybe I am misunderstanding one of your posts but it certainly seems to me that you are a Canucks fan...

As a Canucks fan, I would love to see Dallas get in over the Hawk's. But the way they boys played the last two games vs the Oil, I don't think it will matter who they play. THAT SUCKED HARD!!! Good thing they had a spot wrapped up months ago and hopefully are coasting in to keep out of injury problems, I just hope they can kick start the play again before the playoffs start.

Cheering for Vancouver, and it is not Chicago that scares me this year. they don't have the team they had for the last two years, and I don't think Crawford is going to pull a miricle out his butt. I am worried more on a healthy Wings or a hot Ducks now.

Anyway, great game last night. Crawford certainly added to the drama. Going into overtime I thought for sure Luongo was going to blow it again. Usually I just laugh when he plays like this in the playoffs (despite a decent game last night) but this year I actually felt sorry for him.

Luongo is probably the crappiest great goalie out there...

Wish I could have stayed up to watch. I am sad Chicago lost because now I will have to stay up to watch the West Coast games.

Luongo is probably the crappiest great goalie out there...

Wish I could have stayed up to watch. I am sad Chicago lost because now I will have to stay up to watch the West Coast games.

Yes, and i'll never get my beer now, cause there's no way Nashville is going to the conference finals.

_

Oh... I'm willing to extend the bet to say whoever makes it further... Nashville or Detroit... and if they both lose in the second round, whoever won more games, and if that's a tie, most points... and even then, least OT's...

I will not be denied my wildwest IPA. :rockin:

Oh... I'm willing to extend the bet to say whoever makes it further... Nashville or Detroit... and if they both lose in the second round, whoever won more games, and if that's a tie, most points... and even then, least OT's...

I don't have any Homebrew IPA on hand at this time, but can you get Hopslam down there yet??

I don't have any Homebrew IPA on hand at this time, but can you get Hopslam down there yet??

I haven't seen it... so I would be down extending the bet to you as well (my IPA for your Hopslam) under the same conditions as above. Wildwest lives near me so it's easy to exchange brews with him, but if it is legal to mail beer it would be fun to include you in.

Sabres will own the Flyers in game 7. You read it here first.

Bold prediction that just didn't work out. I'm fine with that.

The Flyers told Miller to shut his whorish mouth last night...I love that Briere tapped Miller on the back of the head after the opening goal after all the sh*t Miller's talked the last few games.

I was so sick and tired of him running his mouth, I'm so glad the Flyers put 4 past him last night.

Bring on the rest of the East. I have tickets to Game 1 of their next round.

Actually i'm out of that right now.:eek: But i'll be brewing soon, so don't fret, it's a long playoff season, especially for Detroit fans.
001_tt2.gif

Philly is going to be a stressful couple of games.

Should be plenty of fights though.

I haven't seen it... so I would be down extending the bet to you as well (my IPA for your Hopslam) under the same conditions as above. Wildwest lives near me so it's easy to exchange brews with him, but if it is legal to mail beer it would be fun to include you in.

What have I got to lose? (nothing) I figure if I can bet on the Lions during football season (thank you Hugh Jazz!!) I can certainly bet on the Wings during the hockey season.

I'll bet 2 Hopslams against 2 of your IPA or whatever you have on hand.

What have I got to lose? (nothing) I figure if I can bet on the Lions during football season (thank you Hugh Jazz!!) I can certainly bet on the Wings during the hockey season.

I'll bet 2 Hopslams against 2 of your IPA or whatever you have on hand.

Done :rockin:

Crazy games last night. I figured Tampa Bay would win (not that they looked the greatest) but I thought Boston would lose. Can't wait for the second round.

The Flyers are a big heaping pile of suck.

Funny coming from a fan of the third team in nhl history to blow a 3-0 series lead...

Good luck against the deepest team in the league on both sides of the puck. The only reason this isn't predicted as a sweep is the goaltender merry-go-round.

What everyone saw for the last couple months of the season was like a DUI on cruise control since the Flyers wrapped up a playoff spot around the Christmas time. Did you see how they played Game 7? More like the January/February and before months when they just choke slammed b*tches.

Boston won't and can't win this series so long as the Philly goaltending doesn't give up 3-0 leads in the first period on a regular basis. The Sabres were lucky to go 7 games. Boston is a better team than the Sabres, but the Flyers got their mojo back with the last 3 games of that series, particularly game 7.

Flyers in 6.

Buffalo isn't that deep of a team. I think the Flyers are going to have a much tougher time with Boston.

Buffalo isn't that deep of a team. I think the Flyers are going to have a much tougher time with Boston.

Maybe so, but Boston took 7 games to beat a very average Montreal team who had next to no offense. Boston scored 0, yes 0 power play goals on 21 chances. Flyers scored 22 goals in their series and 2 of those games they lost by a shutout. That's 4.4 goals per game in the games they scored at least 1.

Buffalo was a team possessed. They had an extremely hot finish to the season and carried that momentum into the playoffs. They got some lucky wins behind a goaltender who had a horseshoe up his a$$ and they certainly got the benefit of the doubt from the officiating.

Boston is a bigger, stronger team than Buffalo, but I think the disparity between the competition each team faced is vastly greater for Boston, meaning the quality of Philly as an opponent is a greater step compared to Montreal than what Philly will face when they take on Boston.

Philly has scored more even strength goals than anyone in the East. Montreal's offense was garbage. Boston didn't have a power play in the first round. The penalty kills for both teams are within a few tenths of a point.

Philly will only get stronger with the increase in Pronger's minutes.

Boucher played poorly for all of 3 minutes against Buffalo. I wanted Boucher to start the playoffs. He's the definition of a serviceable goaltender. Does he let in a softie every now and then, of course. But I have complete confidence in him and the Flyers have always played great in front of him.

This will be a great series, should see a lot of physicality as soon as the puck drops.

MVP of the series will be Giroux.

What everyone saw for the last couple months of the season was like a DUI on cruise control since the Flyers wrapped up a playoff spot around the Christmas time. Did you see how they played Game 7? More like the January/February and before months when they just choke slammed b*tches.

My thoughts exactly. Having Pronger back makes all the difference in the world with this team. If they continue playing the way they did in Game 7, I don't see a team in the league stopping them.

Can't wait until Saturday!

223296_212179005467881_100000273497588_802557_3523049_n.jpg

229053_10150570632465713_571040712_18187658_1190873_n.jpg

225053_1662130241493_1484323614_1288033_7179092_n.jpg

Back