Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Pheonix came out of the gate strong and tried to fight for a chance. Redirect was the name of the night..... 3rd period they got tired and just accepted that they are moving to Winnipeg again..... MOVIN to ROUND 2 Wings better keep up the PACE.... HOW bad do the Rangers have to feel after getting a 3-0 lead to get beat in a double overtime. In hockey there is never a time to sit back and watch.... CLEARLY outplayed in the second half of that game. OT was exciting though...

Just found out that Franzen didn't play last night (had to work), wtf? They need him back, they won't go another round with Mike Moldano filling his spot. Stupid cup wanting dinosaur.

_

Franzen had a hurt ankle I think. I think Babcock decided that considering the position Detroit was in, they could afford to give him the game off to rest it some more. Modano did ok and assisted on the first goal I think.

That was one of the best games I've ever watched. oh, the Bruins game...Wow, I'm spent. The B's win it in OT. They tied the series 2-2...Amazing..

Someone needs to tell the Nucks that the Presidents Trophy doesn't guarantee anything.

_

Bolland coming back helped the Hawks A LOT!!! Now that they've figured out that Luongo can be beat...BADLY...on his glove side, they're in his head.

I still can't figure out why Torres wasn't suspended for his hit on Seabrook, though!!!

Although I have no stake in the series, I loved watching Nashville beat the Ducks in overtime. See where whining gets you?

_

Frolik juked Schneider out of his groin muscle!!!
Wow! 7 games!
Maybe my boss will let me bail early again Tuesday.

As ****ty as it is that the Hawks tied up the series, I feel a bit better after this game than the last two. The Canucks carried the play in the third period and overtime, and showed that they can be the better team when they actually show up. Chicago got the win, but they lost that swagger that they've had for the past two. And as much as people around here are going to want to crucify Luongo for the winning goal, the defense is as much to blame for the coverage on the rebound (plus the entire sequence in the zone before the goal).

Game 7 is gonna be good.

Is it just me, or did it look like Luongo turned a routing blocker save into a flailing rebound/game winning goal?

It was a LONG shot he saw all the way(at least it looked like he did), instead of blocking it to the corner, he pops it straight to a Blackhawk.

I can't believe the Hawks have forced a game 7. The 'nucks have seriously lost their mojo. Luongo looks like he has absolutely no confidence in any save.

Congrats to the Preds for getting their first playoff series win. Part of me wants the Wings to face them in the next round (less travel) and part of me really wants to avoid them (Rinne is playing well and they have a good deep defense corp).

So far these playoffs have not disappointed!

What a game for the pens tonight!

LOL.... So glad to see them go 7, but I'm hoping both the Flyers and Pens win and meet up at some point in the playoffs.

The Flyers need to take care of business tomorrow night. Hopefully Boosh gives them some sort of goaltending. It's pathetic that the Sabres are even in this series. If it wasn't for all the soft goals (from three different goaltenders!!!!) it would have been over already.

In that case, I'm hoping the Hawks own the Canucks tonight so I can have a tasty wildwest IPA as a post Round 2 celebration.

Is it just me, or did it look like Luongo turned a routing blocker save into a flailing rebound/game winning goal?

It was a LONG shot he saw all the way(at least it looked like he did), instead of blocking it to the corner, he pops it straight to a Blackhawk.

On the slow-mo replay I think Smith actually tipped the original shot slightly and it ended up going off the bottom edge of the blocker instead of the heart of the blocker. Luongo saw it most of the way, but that flailing drama queen stuff is why he gives up bad goals on rebounds that should not be an issue. He puts himself out of position.

The refs aren't there to call the same number of penalties. They are there to call any penalties they see.

Obviously they are not going to make bogus calls, just to make a game, or a series, even...

Reading from notes he had compiled, Gillis produced stats backing up his frustration.

NEVER a good thing for a coach or GM to do! I'm sure THAT'll win him LOTS of points with the refs!!!

For the series, the Blackhawks have had 27 power plays to Vancouver's 16.

"I'm not sure how you explain that discrepancy...," said Gillis.

Ummm...try the fact that YOUR guys get caught more than the other guys. I STILL think he should feel damn lucky that Torres wasn't suspended!

I STILL think he should feel damn lucky that Torres wasn't suspended!

Or the clear elbow to the head that Alexander Edler delivered to Brouwer.

Couple that with all the behind the play cross-checks and slashes Vancouver has gotten away with in this series and it could have been even worse in terms of penalty discrepancy.

It's clear the Canucks have been more interested in getting in the dirty shots and mouthing off than in playing hockey since game 3.

Bieksa bitching about that hit he took in the last game was classic Canucks crybaby routine. Kessler should flop one more time just to see if anyone is watching ;)

Latest posts

Back