Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's go Blueshirts, forget about the trade rumors and dont sleep on a struggling hometown rival. KEEP ROLLING!!!!!

Let's GO RAngERs!!!!!!!!

Ok, so they lost. Biron still not on top of his game but picked up 1 point anyway. Good thing is, no shootouts in the playoffs. :)

**Just a reminder** Rangers still on top of east with a win over buffalo last night!!! :)

And apparently getting punched in the face pissed Malkin off somethin aweful. He's still a ****** though..........

What the snot's up with Sanford's pads?

He looks like a goddamned smurf.

Yeah, they gotta be some of the ugliest things I've seen in a while. Maybe he is hoping to blind Malkin with them. I guess isn't working, now 2-1 Pens.

No mention on the thread of the 8-1 thrashing the Penguins gave to Tampa Bay yesterday. I'm hoping that Tampa Bay holds their lead on the Devils (and of course that the Penguins can keep Columbus from scoring/winning).

Edit: WTF, a second goal was taken away on Kunitz, this time supposedly goalie interference where the goalie came out and banged into him.

Not sure I'd want to give up Duubs or Mcdonaugh for Nash. Don't fix what ain't broke...... But if we get him and he's productive, Great move!!!!

Henrik!! Henrik!! Henrik!! Rags, 2 more points baby!! Nother shutout!!! Woooooooooooo!! Devils WHO!!

Nashville is making me nervous, their going all in(for them). It would be nice to have Weber in a Detroit uni next year.

Nothing.

On a plus side, I like that they are bringing Smith up from GR. I was a fan of Commodore, but he wasn't exactly making big plays and I'm curious to see what Smith will do.

Yeah Smith is slated to play tonight. I would have liked to see them trade Hudler. He has scored goals this year but I still am not a big fan of him.

Yeah Smith is slated to play tonight. I would have liked to see them trade Hudler. He has scored goals this year but I still am not a big fan of him.

Dude, he's also making passes...

I was so-so on him last year, but his game is working out much better this season.

I wasn't unhappy that Erickson is going to be out for a while, though. A guy his size needs to be more physical.

I know there are a lot of teams within reach of the playoffs, but this had to be one of the quietest trade deadlines in a number of years. With all the speculation about some crazy trades that could have happened, it seemed to just fizzle out.

I'm not all the surprised about Nash not moving based on the speculated asking price for him, but I am almost shocked at how quiet some teams were. Philly almost never blows the chance to shuffle the deck at the deadline. At least they did something in an attempt to improve the D without doing something idiotic.

Dude, he's also making passes...

I was so-so on him last year, but his game is working out much better this season.

I wasn't unhappy that Erickson is going to be out for a while, though. A guy his size needs to be more physical.

I know Hudler has done well this year, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him. :drunk:

I think Ericsson being out for a bit will be good to let Smith get some time in. He has looked good at the Griffins games I have been at this year.

Edit: And now both Quincy and Lidstrom are gone from the game tonight.

Blues in first!! I can't wait to see Detroit and Nashville duke it out in the first round while we destroy some low seed. Here's to the second round at least this year. If we ever get Steen or Dags back, look out.

I have a bad feeling about tonight. Hate the bruins. Sens sucks againstthem this year.

Can't wait for Kyle "The Turret" Turris fight Joe "Waitress puncher" Corvo though! lol

Maybe Chara will try to fight Neil again and hopefully Neil doesn't let up and punches Bambi-legs while he's down for once.

Blues in first!! I can't wait to see Detroit and Nashville duke it out in the first round while we destroy some low seed. Here's to the second round at least this year. If we ever get Steen or Dags back, look out.

Easy there, sparky. Whole lotta season left to go. Despite the recent W's against weaker teams, the Blues are pretty unstable on the road.

arturo7 said:
Easy there, sparky. Whole lotta season left to go. Despite the recent W's against weaker teams, the Blues are pretty unstable on the road.

Sure, but I thought this was an obnoxious hockey thread? Plus, 10-7 under Hitchcock. Plus, we're getting better, moving in the right direction. Andy Mac changes the look of our team so much and he's not even all the way back yet. Part obnoxious trash talk, but part truth. Edmonton should go down easy tonight and back to first again. Vancouver and SJ up next and we've shut out SJ twice this year already. Should win 2 of our next 3 easy with the game at Vancouver being the big one. If we can win that, we're not looking back.

Say what? Looks like Vagcouver is leading the West...

Oh well, have fun counting them chickens.

wildwest450 said:
Do you even watch hockey? There's not much of a chance that Nashville and Detroit play in the first round.

Of course there is. Blues win division, Detroit 4th seed, Nashville 5th seed. Whoever finishes 2nd in the central will play whoever finishes 5th, if all thing stay the same. Not sure what your talking about. Maybe you need to review the playoff format in the NHL.

Personally, I don't think anyone is going to catch Nashville for 5th or even 4th. Either STL or DET will play Nashville in the first round. I hope it's DET. Blues gotta keep winning.

arturo7 said:
Asked by a guy who plays in a league with a 3-point line...

Ouch.

Did you ever see that old Beach Hockey League? It was roller hockey with a ball and they had a 2 goal line. Had to score from the perimeter or the point. They had curved boards and played like 50 ft from the ocean. It wasn't hockey, but it looked like a lot of fun.

wildwest450 said:
Good one! I needed a laugh this morning.

just take a look at the standings after tonight. Then laugh away as our 40th win propels us to 1st in the division (with the same amount of games played as well)

Ouch.

Did you ever see that old Beach Hockey League? It was roller hockey with a ball and they had a 2 goal line. Had to score from the perimeter or the point. They had curved boards and played like 50 ft from the ocean. It wasn't hockey, but it looked like a lot of fun.

I watched a couple games in HB. I'm guessing those guys used their old, shvtty skates and wheels for the beach rink.

wildwest450 said:
Good one! I needed a laugh this morning.

check those standings dude. 1st place again. 4-0 on this road trip going into Vancouver. Laugh some more, it just seems to help prove my point.

TSN headline... "Nash says he wanted to help Blue Jackets rebuild."

How do you rebuild a team that was never any good?

"We suck right now, but with hard work I think we can return to mediocrity."

check those standings dude. 1st place again. 4-0 on this road trip going into Vancouver. Laugh some more, it just seems to help prove my point.

Congratulations band wagon boy, come into a thread when your team is having a good season. Check back in April....

You remind me of ALL Boston fans.

bruins-fan.jpeg

wildwest450 said:
Congratulations band wagon boy, come into a thread when your team is having a good season. Check back in April....

You remind me of ALL Boston fans.

Well, I didn't homebrew before this year, but I wouldn't have had much reason to trash talk either, as the blues have sucked for quite a while. But I'm no bandwagon boy. Life long blues fan. I've been playing hockey in st Louis for 25 years, reffed hear for 10 and now I coach. I'm just glad I finally get to do some trash talking. Last time I could, it was about Hull and Oates.

Northjerzyg said:
That's exactly how I'd like to see Lucic!! Laid out, lol.

Wouldn't we all mate!
Hoping next time they meet the nucks he try's pulling his typical sneaky sh*t and newly acquired young gun kassian can step up!

Latest posts

Back