Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be an adult and stop playing fantasy hockey?

C'mon, there's money involved. It's not video games. And it's about busting balls and bragging rights with friends, an more importantly, beating a guy who is senior to me in rank and was my boss for the last year. Anytime I can serve him humble pie is a good time.

It was funny though. :D

I would say go with Howard as the Rangers are hot, Boston is not. But, I see it is too late as the Rangers game is started.

U know what pisses me off........ Rangers lead all year while the knicks stink up the garden. Then they win a couple games and everyone goes batsh!t crazy. Now, what game is on the radio? Knicks, ahhhhhhhhh. All I wanna do is listen to the 3rd period on my lunch break,

F#*k Linsanity, knicks suck.......... Ok, I'm done, proceed.............

It was funny though. :D

I would say go with Howard as the Rangers are hot, Boston is not. But, I see it is too late as the Rangers game is started.

I don't have Howard, the other guy does. I knew I shouldn't have played Thomas, I don't know know why I don't listen to myself. He basically cost me SV% and only gave me 13 saves, saves I didn't need. I wanted a win to guarantee that stat, and was hoping for one goal against or less to lower that. Nope. Dickhead (me and Thomas).

Hopefully Chicago crushes Howard and the Red Wings.

C'mon, there's money involved. It's not video games. And it's about busting balls and bragging rights with friends, an more importantly, beating a guy who is senior to me in rank and was my boss for the last year. Anytime I can serve him humble pie is a good time.

So it's kind of like Dungeons and Dragons?

Blues back in first after a 5-1 road trip! Thanks to a wings loss today (never thought I'd say this, but way to go Chicago) back to within a point of western conference leaders. Blues are gonna hammer the Blackhawks on Tuesday.

Blues back in first after a 5-1 road trip! Thanks to a wings loss today (never thought I'd say this, but way to go Chicago) back to within a point of western conference leaders. Blues are gonna hammer the Blackhawks on Tuesday.

Front runner talk is so refreshing....

You can't get a more balanced team then the Bruins right now. Scoring, hitting, speed and Goaltending. Let's see if they can keep it up. If Rask keeps playing the way he's playing right now and gives Thomas the rest, The Bruins are coming out of the east..The sisters of Vancouver better watch out..

Hahahahahahaha, LeTS GO RANgERs!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeking out on things like "The Tank"s SV% and wins is pretty nerdy. :D

I'm not the commissioner and didn't pick the stats for the league's competition...

Either way...Flyers win tonight, 2 in a row, first winning streak since Jan 10-12, and a shutout...maybe Bryz is onto something.

Rask out 4-6 weeks with lower abdominal strain. Ugh!! not good. Man, we've had a bunch of injuries in the last month or so..Even the goalie from the Providence Bruins that they would've brought up to replace Rask is hurt. They are sending up his backup.

Rask out 4-6 weeks with lower abdominal strain. Ugh!! not good. Man, we've had a bunch of injuries in the last month or so..Even the goalie from the Providence Bruins that they would've brought up to replace Rask is hurt. They are sending up his backup.

Better hope old man thomas can play the rest of the season pretty much without rest, and hope he doesn't hit a cold streak. Could lose that automatic top 3.

Holy kronwall hit. Definitely hit the head. It will be interesting to see if this gets a suspension.

No penalty called at all. Clearly first thing Kronwall hit was Voracek's face/head. Unbelievable how hits like this and boarding don't get called when it's a Flyers player who gets hit. Just like when Jordan Staal boarded Coburn and it was a minor and no suspension, just a joke of a $2,500 fine.

It's an absolute travesty to the integrity of the league that it can't be called equally and fairly, regardless of what player/team is involved.

Disclaimer about my earlier comments - I'm all for big hits, physical play, etc, but there was no need for Kronwall to go full bore into that hit, especially hitting the head/face first.

Jake has to do more than look up before picking up the puck, especially with Kronwall's reputation, but there has to be a respect amongst the players for each other in the same way they talk about not boarding players - because of the risk of injury. With all the concussion talk today, that's exactly the spot to make a hit, but not try to decapitate the guy.

jtkratzer said:
Disclaimer about my earlier comments - I'm all for big hits, physical play, etc, but there was no need for Kronwall to go full bore into that hit, especially hitting the head/face first.

Jake has to do more than look up before picking up the puck, especially with Kronwall's reputation, but there has to be a respect amongst the players for each other in the same way they talk about not boarding players - because of the risk of injury. With all the concussion talk today, that's exactly the spot to make a hit, but not try to decapitate the guy.

I agree. It didn't look like Kronwall was head hunting, but a head shot is a head shot.

At least the Leafs had a chance against the Bruins this time... that's all we're cheering for at this point.

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep now.

I think it probably should have been a penalty when called in real time. But this is my opinion on supplemental discipline. It is designed to discourage continued behavior (i.e. targeting vulnerable players and delivering dangerous hits). Hits like this should not result in fines or suspension. If you had clean intentions and didn't do anything dangerous, then no suspension is warranted.

Boleslaus said:
I think it probably should have been a penalty when called in real time. But this is my opinion on supplemental discipline. It is designed to discourage continued behavior (i.e. targeting vulnerable players and delivering dangerous hits). Hits like this should not result in fines or suspension. If you had clean intentions and didn't do anything dangerous, then no suspension is warranted.

I think his saving grace will be that he kept his arm down and seemed to be standing pretty straight up.

I think his saving grace will be that he kept his arm down and seemed to be standing pretty straight up.

Exactly...some hits are just violent...and if it gets penalized in game then that's fine, it happens. You're opinion will be skewed depending on your allegiances. However, if you view the hit and don't say "that needs to be removed from the game" then you CAN'T suspend it.

I think his saving grace will be the player he his wears a Philly jersey.

Flyers win 3 straight for the first time since December...Bryz is looking like he pulled a 180.

Isn't firmly planting your shoulder into someone's face at least marginally dangerous, considering the atmosphere of the league, all professional sports, when it comes to concussions?

Exactly...some hits are just violent...and if it gets penalized in game then that's fine, it happens. You're opinion will be skewed depending on your allegiances. However, if you view the hit and don't say "that needs to be removed from the game" then you CAN'T suspend it.

The type of hit, as in the d-man stepping up to hit the forward trying to break out, does not need to be removed, but hitting the guy in the face, where the face is the first point of contact is already a rule in the book declared as an infraction.

I couldn't care less who is playing, it is going to get a guy hurt every time you put two 180+ guys going opposition directions and contact is between a shoulder and a head/face.

When you are a defenseman stepping up, you are worried about yourself. Kronwall hits with correct form and doesn't charge. If the forward looks down and leans forward that isn't the hitters responsibility. The league needs to suspend players who endanger other players with their own actions. I'm putting the blame on the forward in this instance.

It always seems to come down to the same thing... How much responsibility does the puck carrier have to keep his head up? If he has his head up, he doesn't get hit at all.

It always seems to come down to the same thing... How much responsibility does the puck carrier have to keep his head up? If he has his head up, he doesn't get hit at all.

Exactly, Kronwall doesn't break any rules...so how can he be punished? Yes the primary point of contact is the head, but he didn't change his position to increase the likelihood of head contact. The puck carrier literally skated full stride, head down in to him.

At least the Leafs had a chance against the Bruins this time... that's all we're cheering for at this point.

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep now.

I missed the game, but listening to Leafs Talk on the radio after it sounded like they played a really good game, and actually played hard the entire 60 minutes. I can be happy about that, Boston is a great team.

When you are a defenseman stepping up, you are worried about yourself. Kronwall hits with correct form and doesn't charge. If the forward looks down and leans forward that isn't the hitters responsibility. The league needs to suspend players who endanger other players with their own actions. I'm putting the blame on the forward in this instance.

I understand what both of you are saying, but he looked up, before accepting the puck, it looks like the puck gets passed him, and he's reaching for it at the same time Kronwall hits him. My point is that Kronwall certainly didn't let up at all and just bump him. He throttled him. That Voracek required stitches above and below his mouth only amplifies my point that the hit was excessive and it was still to the head.

Guys who have their heads down coming across the blue line and leave themselves open to the now-defined blind-side hit are protected because it's a hit to the head and they are vulnerable, as is the guy facing the boards. The point is that Voracek didn't need to be hit as hard as he was to take him out of the play, let alone the game, and possibly the season, or if it's like Crosby, maybe a career.

I'm all about making players responsible for their actions on the ice, including keeping their heads up, but I've seen too many calls go against players, specifically Flyers, where a player turns to face the boards right before impact and the Flyer gets a penalty and sometimes suspended for boarding.

If Scott Hartnell, Zac Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger, etc makes that exact same hit, it's a roughing minor at a minimum.

Exactly, Kronwall doesn't break any rules...so how can he be punished? Yes the primary point of contact is the head, but he didn't change his position to increase the likelihood of head contact. The puck carrier literally skated full stride, head down in to him.

How is it not blatantly obvious that hits to the head, and hits where the head is specifically targeted have been one of the top discussions amongst the league, owners, GMs, etc over the last few years?

He didn't skate into Kronwall by himself. Kronwall changed directions to hit Voracek. Yes, Voracek's head was down, but Kronwall did nothing to avoid the head at all.

It's a tough call, but the fact is he didn't let up at all, didn't avoid the head, at all, and hurt an opposing player by hitting him and making contact with the head first.

If a player doesn't face the boards, he doesn't get boarded.

It comes down to respect for one another and the safety of the individual player.

I understand what both of you are saying, but he looked up, before accepting the puck, it looks like the puck gets passed him, and he's reaching for it at the same time Kronwall hits him. My point is that Kronwall certainly didn't let up at all and just bump him. He throttled him. That Voracek required stitches above and below his mouth only amplifies my point that the hit was excessive and it was still to the head.

Guys who have their heads down coming across the blue line and leave themselves open to the now-defined blind-side hit are protected because it's a hit to the head and they are vulnerable, as is the guy facing the boards. The point is that Voracek didn't need to be hit as hard as he was to take him out of the play, let alone the game, and possibly the season, or if it's like Crosby, maybe a career.

I'm all about making players responsible for their actions on the ice, including keeping their heads up, but I've seen too many calls go against players, specifically Flyers, where a player turns to face the boards right before impact and the Flyer gets a penalty and sometimes suspended for boarding.

If Scott Hartnell, Zac Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger, etc makes that exact same hit, it's a roughing minor at a minimum.

But this isn't' a hit facing the boards or a blind side across blue line hit. Voracek essentially gave himself a hospital pass. When the puck is behind you and there is a defenseman in front of you, you don't put your head down and try to pull the puck forward. You stop and put it on your forehand. I'm sorry, but this is self inflicted. The violence of the hit can't be what determines if it is legal or not. Otherwise you'll have checking turn into rubbing guys into the boards. Open ice hits are by definition violent.

How is it not blatantly obvious that hits to the head, and hits where the head is specifically targeted have been one of the top discussions amongst the league, owners, GMs, etc over the last few years?

He didn't skate into Kronwall by himself. Kronwall changed directions to hit Voracek. Yes, Voracek's head was down, but Kronwall did nothing to avoid the head at all.

It's a tough call, but the fact is he didn't let up at all, didn't avoid the head, at all, and hurt an opposing player by hitting him and making contact with the head first.

I just can't justify this as a suspension worthy hit. Why does Kronwall have to let up? Why can't Voracek let up?

Back