Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the Flyers for keeping Toronto in 8th place for at least one more day.

jtkratzer said:
And the ridiculous save Pavelec just made on the Flyers power play saving an empty net goal as he was down and out is exactly what the Flyers never get from Bryz. Wait until you see the replay if you're not watching this game!

And there's another save on a one-time shot from just beside the net on a back door play. If the Flyers got goaltending like Winnipeg is getting in the third period, they'd probably have 90 points right now.

Fricken ridiculous! Save of the week there!

Didn't catch the game just NHL app replay. Looked like a great game.
Won't be happening this season but I would love to see these 2 battle it in the playoffs. They both constantly play as good/bad as each other. Depending who you ask haha.

thedingo said:
Fricken ridiculous! Save of the week there!

Didn't catch the game just NHL app replay. Looked like a great game.
Won't be happening this season but I would love to see these 2 battle it in the playoffs. They both constantly play as good/bad as each other. Depending who you ask haha.

Jets are in 9th, but tied in points with 8th place Toronto.

jtkratzer said:
Jets are in 9th, but tied in points with 8th place Toronto.

Yep hopefully they can stay up there. They have a bit of a tough road ahead before the playoffs.
Shouldn't of said "won't happen" More like probably won't happen especially first round.

Never should have gone to OT. Pick play on Little at the blue line, or that pass would have never come out in front. Also, Dustin Buff still has his head firmly planted up his rear when playing in his own end. 10 seconds left and you let your guy get that wide open, didn't even try to get in the way. He should have been mauling him to stop that play and take the penalty.
For those of you that have not seen the Jets play this year, Pavs has been doing that in almost every game he has played, for sure the MVP of the team by a long shot. Numbers are not all that great, but he comes up with saves like that almost every game, and has single handedly won several games this year, and was 10 seconds away from doing it again.

And I do feel sorry, ok I don't, for you Philly fans that have to watch Bryz play all the time. Not sure who your goalie coach is down there, but his basics need a big rewrite. Every shot that came at him, he makes himself smaller, scrunches up as the puck is coming, very abvious watching his pads in the butterfly, he pulls his feet in, almost had a goal go in because of it. Even a half a$$ed goalie knows that you have to make yourself big, spread everything out as far as you can and read where the puck will hit you, he looks like he is scared that it is going to hurt.

And I do feel sorry, ok I don't, for you Philly fans that have to watch Bryz play all the time. Not sure who your goalie coach is down there, but his basics need a big rewrite. Every shot that came at him, he makes himself smaller, scrunches up as the puck is coming, very abvious watching his pads in the butterfly, he pulls his feet in, almost had a goal go in because of it. Even a half a$$ed goalie knows that you have to make yourself big, spread everything out as far as you can and read where the puck will hit you, he looks like he is scared that it is going to hurt.

If you spread out like an albatross like you are describing, you will let in a ton of goals under your arms (they are called the 6 and 7-holes). Very frustrating. A goalie should compact himself to form more of a solid wall free of holes - if the proper angle and positioning is attained this will not be a problem. You're supposed to make the $1000 save vs. the $100 save, meaning you're putting all of your equipment in front of the puck instead of just a glove or a blocker or a stick. Maintain proper position, read the play, stop the puck. That's the goalie's job.

Unless I have misunderstood you.

But we can both agree that the Bryz is not fitting well with something in Philly. But I'm sure his millions of dollars help ease the pain.

I didn't mean totally open up, but watch Bryz making saves last night, he pulls himself in before the puck gets to him, looks like he is flinching. When I was being taught to play goal, it was be big, and that is not what he is doing.

Congrats on the big win, but ur still behind NJ.....

Yeah, by one point because they're 8-1-1 over their last 10 and prior to last night, Philly was 4-5-1. All that matters is what happens in June. Flyers finished in 8th a couple years ago, remember, when they beat the Rangers in the shootout to send them golfing on the last day of the season, and went to the Cup finals. All that matters is you get your playoff ticket punched.

We'll see what the Rags do in the playoffs. It certainly hasn't been much for a long, long time.

:mug:

Never should have gone to OT. Pick play on Little at the blue line, or that pass would have never come out in front. Also, Dustin Buff still has his head firmly planted up his rear when playing in his own end. 10 seconds left and you let your guy get that wide open, didn't even try to get in the way. He should have been mauling him to stop that play and take the penalty.
For those of you that have not seen the Jets play this year, Pavs has been doing that in almost every game he has played, for sure the MVP of the team by a long shot. Numbers are not all that great, but he comes up with saves like that almost every game, and has single handedly won several games this year, and was 10 seconds away from doing it again.

I had Pavelec on my fantasy roster in the past, I think it was the season Atlanta made the playoffs. Had him one other time for part of a season and his numbers were solid, other than wins.

Flyers problem in the crease hasn't been the coach, it's been the quality of the players, from skills to mental toughness.

But we can both agree that the Bryz is not fitting well with something in Philly. But I'm sure his millions of dollars help ease the pain.

Not easing my pain...maybe his, but I would think it would be contributing to the pressure.

Nice hard fought win by the Bruins tonight. Beat the Blues 4-2. Man, the Blues are a good team..They haven't lost at home since the beginning of December.

Cmon you mighty nucks!
Number 1 team to put the wings streak to rest!
And tie up the league same time.

Leafs are getting raped, but damn the Sharks are fun (and annoying!) to watch.

schmoe said:
Nonsense. The Wings don't lose at home.

Booom!
Go nucks!
Looked like a good game. Big solid effort from both goalies.

And the jets are third in the conference!

Any one care to tell me how this automatic third thing works? Is it just because they took the division lead? Will they stay there if they hold the lead on the division?

Booom!
Go nucks!

Any one care to tell me how this automatic third thing works? Is it just because they took the division lead? Will they stay there if they hold the lead on the division?

Yep. Division leaders are ranked 1-2-3, followed by everyone else.

Booom!
Go nucks!

That was a great icing call with 30 seconds left in the game.:drunk:

What do you mean? He was obviously trying his hardest to reach the puck before it crossed the line. Full strides and everything! ;)

I'd like to blame the refs for the loss, but the simple fact is, the Wings didn't play well enough to beat a team as good as Vagcouver. They picked it up at the end, and I thought some of the team played outstanding, but the first 2 lines weren't bringing it hard enough.

schmoe said:

It's only an icing call games are full of questionable icings or should of been calls.

Detroit had equal chance to win the face-off which came from this.
They also had equal chance to win the game in OT and SO.
Dry your eyes mate. Every team loses sometimes.

What do you mean? He was obviously trying his hardest to reach the puck before it crossed the line. Full strides and everything! ;)

I'd like to blame the refs for the loss, but the simple fact is, the Wings didn't play well enough to beat a team as good as Vagcouver. They picked it up at the end, and I thought some of the team played outstanding, but the first 2 lines weren't bringing it hard enough.

Most of the really odd calls seemed to come in the first half of the game and then it settled into a good game. Wings were lucky to come out of the first period alive. They looked terrible to start the game.

The third line continues to amaze me and I really like picking Quincy back up.

It's only an icing call games are full of questionable icings or should of been calls.

Detroit had equal chance to win the face-off which came from this.
They also had equal chance to win the game in OT and SO.
Dry your eyes mate. Every team loses sometimes.

I agree that they could have won the face off, OT or SO. However, if the icing isn't called, Luongo doesn't get out of net for the face off and it remains 5 on 5 hockey. I am ok with them losing a game against the Canucks. Not as bad as the games against the Islanders or the Habs.

I have my fingers crossed that Brian Burke makes a move for a big, stay at home defenceman who can win battles in the corners. They've been losing a lot of one goal games recently, and I think it all comes back to defence and goaltending. Gustavsson and Reimer are inexperienced still and it shows, but a lot of goals could be avoided if the defence wasn't leaving them out to dry.

The Wings just have to blame themselves for that 3rd goal. They saw 10 seconds left and just collapsed towards the puck behind the net. All 5 guys below the bottoms of the circles...that's just defensive zone 101. Franzen could have blocked that if he had been 5 feet farther out.

The Wings just have to blame themselves for that 3rd goal. They saw 10 seconds left and just collapsed towards the puck behind the net. All 5 guys below the bottoms of the circles...that's just defensive zone 101. Franzen could have blocked that if he had been 5 feet farther out.

And that isn't the first time this season they have been scored on because of the same type of situation.

Spot on.

I was like, WTF?? Here it comes...

Ok, I'm done now.

Any dolt with half a brain can see that humankind has gone insane, to the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo if I throw poison in the water main. Listen close to everybody's heart and hear that breaking sound. Hopes and dreams are shattering apart and crashing to the ground. I cannot believe my eyes... how the world's filled with filth and lies. But it's plain to see, evil inside of me is on the rise.

This appeared as a moral dilemma
Cause at first it was weird though I swore to eliminate
The worst of the plague that devoured humanity
It’s true I was vague on the ‘How’
so how can it be that you have shown me the light?

It’s a brand new day
And the sun is high
All the birds are singing
That you’re gonna die

How I hesitated
Now I wonder why
It’s a brand new day

Latest posts

Back