Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the blizzard of flyers vs boston posts, Pittsburgh beats the Capitals in OT. Malkin scores the game winner, and also has two assists. Neal gets 2 goals + 1 assist. Pittsburgh has now won 6 in a row.

After the blizzard of flyers vs boston posts, Pittsburgh beats the Capitals in OT. Malkin scores the game winner, and also has two assists. Neal gets 2 goals + 1 assist. Pittsburgh has now won 6 in a row.

I have Neal and Ovie on my fantasy roster and got great production out of those two in their game as well.

Big game tonight in the west. Detroit goes for 17th straight home win and tries to defend their league lead against St. Louis, who could also be leading the league tonight. I still can't believe the season the Blues are having and the job Hitchcock has done.

Boleslaus said:
Big game tonight in the west. Detroit goes for 17th straight home win and tries to defend their league lead against St. Louis, who could also be leading the league tonight. I still can't believe the season the Blues are having and the job Hitchcock has done.

Yeah, tell me about it.

Good f*cking job Tim Thomas! I wholeheartedly support him for this:

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama honored the NHL's Boston Bruins for their 2011 Stanley Cup championship, but one key member of the team was absent.

Goaltender Tim Thomas, one of only two Americans from the 2011 Stanley Cup team, decided not to join his teammates.

Thomas posted the following statement on his Facebook page at 6 p.m. ET:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...cup-champion-boston-bruins-tim-thomas-no-show

In other news, Ovie suspended three games for being a repeat offender for the leaping hit (charging) in yesterday's game.

Good f*cking job Tim Thomas! I wholeheartedly support him for this:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...cup-champion-boston-bruins-tim-thomas-no-show

In other news, Ovie suspended three games for being a repeat offender for the leaping hit (charging) in yesterday's game.

While you are a flyers fan, and I a penguins fan, I agree with you on this one! It's also quite interesting to see all the sh_t TT is getting from the press..."how dare" he not go to the White House with his team.

While you are a flyers fan, and I a penguins fan, I agree with you on this one! It's also quite interesting to see all the sh_t TT is getting from the press..."how dare" he not go to the White House with his team.

You should hear the noise here in Massachusetts. Most of talk radio and Newspapers are ripping him.

Bulls Beers said:
You should hear the noise here in Massachusetts. Most of talk radio and Newspapers are ripping him.

Eff them and their arrogance. It's about time someone with celebrity status stands up for his own beliefs and not just some trendy movement.

F them!

I'm personally proud of him for standing up for his view and not caving in just because.

The Pres and other Politicians need more of this attitude from their people. Placing them on too high a pedestal is bad for the country.

Plus I friggin hate politics anyway, from all of the f'n lies and mudslinging that goes on.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Hockey trash talk.

Thanks, Stewart!

I think he's a ******!! Way to overshadow ur teams accomplishments with ur political views that no one cares about anyway. Ur a goalie, not a candidate. Shut up and play. Real team player.........

No tie breakers needed now! Rangers, another 2 points, shutout the jets. If I saw the highlights correctly, Boston lost to the ovi-less caps.

Northjerzyg said:
I think he's a ******!! Way to overshadow ur teams accomplishments with ur political views that no one cares about anyway. Ur a goalie, not a candidate. Shut up and play. Real team player.........

You're being a ****** just because he's a Boston goalie. The dude is right on for not getting on his knees for that clown.

Flyers win 3-2 in a shootout. It is possible for the Flyers to win shootouts apparently, contrary to popular thought.

Northjerzyg said:

Your opinion looked a bit lonely here, so I thought I'd back it up.

There's nothing special about his attitude. His statement is looks like the internet ramblings of most teenagers these days. Hardly a rebel, and certainly not "standing up to anyone."

You really have an issue with the way government is being run? A personal meeting with this president seems like the best opportunity possible such a person. Getting up on your soapbox and making such a ridiculous, utterly uninsightful "statement" to the (hockey-following) public accomplishes nothing except make you look like a "badass" to ignorant adolescents and those of a similar mindset. Talk about taking yourself too seriously.

Meh, he's not the first. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird ("if the President wants to see me, he knows where to find me"), Manny Ramirez, James Harrison, etc. all refused Presidential photo ops.

Seems kind of silly to stage a big photo op 6 months after you win (more than halfway through the next season, no less) to me...

I thought we got over Boston winning the cup sometime around September? Anyway, who really cares about Tim Thomas' political views?

Big W for the Leafs last night thanks to the 1-man wrecking crew of Grabovski (with a little help from sidekick Kulemin).

Looks like the hockey gods evened things up from the Spezza sit-on-the-goalie fiasco earlier this month. ALthough MacArthur was cross-checked right in to Montoya - pretty bad but wouldn't surprise me to see the refs call that one off.

Anyway big win, especially when everyone else seemed to get 1 or 2 points - gotta keep pace! Drive for 9th continues!!!

No hockey this weekend - what are we gonna do? Make beer??? I have no room - 4 full fermenters!

So what you are saying is that winning the cup require validation from the President? The simple act of winning all of those games and going through 4 rounds of grueling playoff games doesn't do it?

Cause it seems to me that actually winning the cup overshadows a silly PR visit to the White House.

Pre All-Star break weak opponent hangover. Oh, and Lidstrom was out with the flu... :(

I hope Detroit's defense does not solely relies on Lidstrom??? If that is the case when he retires it is going to be ugly. I bet everyone was thinking about when their flight is leaving to go home for the break.

I hope Detroit's defense does not solely relies on Lidstrom??? If that is the case when he retires it is going to be ugly. I bet everyone was thinking about when their flight is leaving to go home for the break.

It would be nice to think that they could do well without him, but I remember when he was out for a while and it wasn't a great period for them.

But they've had a few "extra" guys this season and have rotated them in and out and I don't think they've gotten used to playing together.

And mostly I hope it's the anticipation of having a break and being with family.

Anyone watch the draft last night? It was better that most of the crap on TV and you see some of their personalities and how much players like Lundqvist are ****** rockets. The "Leafs Suck" chants were pretty funny any time Lupul tried to say anything at all as Chara's assistant captain.

Anyone watch the draft last night? It was better that most of the crap on TV and you see some of their personalities and how much players like Lundqvist are ****** rockets. The "Leafs Suck" chants were pretty funny any time Lupul tried to say anything at all as Chara's assistant captain.

Loved the haters! Classic!!

The hecklers in the crowd were actually pretty awesome. The **** they were saying about Kessel - good times. Gotta be good to be hated!

I watched the draft, but I have no interest in watching the ASG itself. Interesting.

The setup is stupid though - you shouldn't be allowed to pick your own team's players until the 10th round or so. Who really wants to see the Sedins play together, or Alfie and Spezza play with one another? Seeing Sedin vs. Sedin , Phaneuf vs. Kessel/Lupul, or Seguin vs. Thomas would be much more interesting. If I were a captain, I'd snub all my teammates. But then again, I'm nowhere close to an NHL plug, let alone All Star, let alone ASG captain.

Loved the haters! Classic!!

The hecklers in the crowd were actually pretty awesome. The **** they were saying about Kessel - good times. Gotta be good to be hated!

I watched the draft, but I have no interest in watching the ASG itself. Interesting.

The setup is stupid though - you shouldn't be allowed to pick your own team's players until the 10th round or so. Who really wants to see the Sedins play together, or Alfie and Spezza play with one another? Seeing Sedin vs. Sedin , Phaneuf vs. Kessel/Lupul, or Seguin vs. Thomas would be much more interesting. If I were a captain, I'd snub all my teammates. But then again, I'm nowhere close to an NHL plug, let alone All Star, let alone ASG captain.

I don't really get into the ASG either, but I like the skills competition. I wish they also had a fighting skills event as well, where you get guys punching each other until one falls over. That would be AWESOME! Especially if they had Chara vs Kessel....lol

Kessel vs. Alfredsson would be a fight worth remembering. Kessel's slap-fest vs. the Swede's cat-paws, both of them keeping their gloves on. An instant classic.

Back