Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not lovin Dolans comments, feels like the jinx is on. What a ******. And i love Torts response, "What a bunch of BS!! Were takin it day by day." Guess well have to wait and see. For now, we've got Pittsburgh in the crosshairs tonight!!!

LeTs Go RaNGeRs!!!!!

We shall see. Pens are starting to play again, and LeTang is back in the lineup as of tonight.

They need to make a statement by hiring a GM who doesn't speak french.
Then the GM needs to make a statement by not drafting players just because they have a french-sounding name.
Then the whole organization needs to tell the stupid Montreal media to F-off.

Then I might not hate the Habs so much...

That'll never happen though. One of my friends is a Quebec native and Habs fan. He puts only frenchies on his fantasy team!

That'll never happen though. One of my friends is a Quebec native and Habs fan. He puts only frenchies on his fantasy team!

They're dumb. I'm so glad I got to experience a game in Montreal, a game the Flyers won, but Habs fans are just weirdos...they act like they're entitled to the Cup.

Wow Minnesota is a terrible team to watch. 12 shots after 2, and none of them were very good. I hope that Minny fan is out ice fishing tonight...

Just checked the scores, devils beating boston by 1 in the 3rd. Love it!! Very rarely do I root for the devs but..........

Penguins fan in Albany? Anyway, like I said, the jinx is on. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Also, it seems like whenever I post, the opposite happens. Let's try something.......
Go Sens Go.
Ok, that should do it............

Just what we need - all the contenders to start sucking ass now, so that going in to the last week of the season all teams in the East from 1-10 can be tied in points. NHL deals excitement!

Might as well go out with a bang before the next lockout...

Coaching some PeeWee hockey tonight. Couldn't catch the game, luckily?

Indeed. They are the most dejected looking team I've seen in a while - actually since the Leafs started the season with Matt Stajan as their top centre 2 (or 3?) years ago.

Toronto media has been ****ting all over the Leafs the past few days, which seems to have a direct effect on the bull**** that people spew at me at work all day. Glad they won so everyone can go back to wondering if they'll make the playoffs or not. It's like the newspapers don't even watch the games.

My favourite question lately has been "Who is Toronto's #1 goalie - Gusto or Reimer?"
The correct answer is "neither".

Burke's gonna do something dramatic soon - I can smell it in the air.

paulster2626 said:
My favourite question lately has been "Who is Toronto's #1 goalie - Gusto or Reimer?"
The correct answer is "neither".

This. Reimer has been particularly disappointing.

Kind of ridiculous to be watching Leafs games lately, see them up by two or three goals, and still not feel confident about winning the game. Their D is just awful and can blow a lead like that in no time...

This. Reimer has been particularly disappointing.

Kind of ridiculous to be watching Leafs games lately, see them up by two or three goals, and still not feel confident about winning the game. Their D is just awful and can blow a lead like that in no time...

"blow a lead"??? Say wha?? They lost to the Sens for three reasons:
1) Anderson was superhuman in the 2nd period.
2) Stajan sat on the goalie for the 2nd goal.
3) Ottawa has some kind of mystical mojo happening for them right now.

Before that, Rags 3-0 loss (didn't blow a lead), Sabres 3-2 loss (didn't blow a lead), Sabres 2-0 win (didn't blow a lead), Wings 4-3 win (blew the lead, but a great game to watch), Jets 4-0 win (didn't blow a lead), Lightning 7-3 win (didn't blow a lead). In fact, in the past MONTH, Toronto has blown a lead of 2 or more goals only 3 times. That's 3 times in 13 games if my notes are correct (but I'm no pro - they may not be!). Pretty good, actually.

The Leafs have been anything BUT hard to watch lately. In fact, the amount of effort this team puts in is very consistent, and is really all us fans have been asking for the past 5 seasons. JUST EFFING TRY.

Once again, we have the classic Leaf follower who only remembers what happened 3 days ago. You don't write for the Toronto newspapers, do you?

This is close, but it's more like:
1) Anderson is a cyborg.
2) Spezza sits whereever Spezza wants. Suck it up princess Reimer.
3) Ottawa is a magical land where jellybeans grow on trees, unicorns prance in golden fields of sweet grass, and the hockey teams don't lose.

and, don't forget the biggest reason (which apparently the media has figured out...), the Leafs SUCK!

Go Sens.

^^now that's some trash talkin. Although last I checked the Ottawa Senators don't actually play in Ottawa. Maybe Kanata is the land of rainbows and whatever else you Sens fans are in to?

I'm cheering for Ottawa to end up 1st in the East. Leafs need an easy opponent for the first round. Maybe we can even bring out the brooms again!

paulster2626 said:

Before that, Rags 3-0 loss (didn't blow a lead), Sabres 3-2 loss (didn't blow a lead), Sabres 2-0 win (didn't blow a lead), Wings 4-3 win (blew the lead, but a great game to watch), Jets 4-0 win (didn't blow a lead), Lightning 7-3 win (didn't blow a lead). In fact, in the past MONTH, Toronto has blown a lead of 2 or more goals only 3 times. That's 3 times in 13 games if my notes are correct (but I'm no pro - they may not be!). Pretty good, actually.

The Leafs have been anything BUT hard to watch lately. In fact, the amount of effort this team puts in is very consistent, and is really all us fans have been asking for the past 5 seasons. JUST EFFING TRY.

Once again, we have the classic Leaf follower who only remembers what happened 3 days ago. You don't write for the Toronto newspapers, do you?

I'm not talking about just 3 days ago. And 3/13? That's not even close to pretty good. Blowing a lead of *2 or more* goals in nearly 25% of the games is actually a shìtload. I didn't say 100% of their games have been blown leads, but it's certainly happening enough to support what I *did* say - that even when they DO have a big lead, it's hard to feel confident because they "can" blow it in an instant.

The Leafs are doing great offensively, but their defense has been piss poor, so it's not much of a surprise. Although their PK seems to be markedly improving... I guess I can give them that much.

Once again, we have the classic Leaf follower who rages at anything even remotely resembling criticism of the team, regardless of validity. And write for the papers? I don't even *read* them. I don't know what they're saying, nor do I care...

Oh no, criticize away - there are many flaws with this team. But you said they are tough to watch lately because they blow leads. But that simply isn't true. The fact that they are GETTING these leads says otherwise.

Does the defense need to be better? Yes. They look good for stretches, but then there's always a few shifts where everything is just shaky and seems to fall apart.
Does the goaltending need to be better? Yes. It is currently mediocre. We need to get up to "good" status.
Do they need to score more goals? Well, debatable. They can score more, or let in less. Lets shoot for both.

According to your logic if the Leafs are down by 2 goals against teams that are better than them, we should stop watching.

A 2 goal lead isn't that big. Have you bothered to look at the rate in which other teams give up 2-goal leads? In fact, now you're going to make me go look at the game logs for really good teams to see how the Leafs compare. This is gonna take a while...

Ceetar said:
Bow before John Tavares.

Uh no. It had nothing to do with him. He had some good shifts, but for the most part, the Flyers didn't play defense and Nabokov has actually given them what they were expecting from Rick Double Penetration when they signed him 15 years ago to the 49 year contract.

I'm happy with the Leafs production. Lupul is hooking me up in fantasy. I'd like more out of Phaneuf.

Past month, when leading by 2 or more.

Gave up lead / Kept lead
Rangers: 0 / 7
Bruins: 0 / 5
Caps: 0 / 7
Wings: 2 / 4
Canucks: 2 / 5
Sharks: 0 / 1

Based on these findings, it's clear to me that the East has better teams. And the Sharks were only up by 2 goals ONCE in the past month? Strange...

Also discovered that the Leafs have never lost when leading after 2 periods this season. So if you are watching the game and they've got their 2-goal lead, you can rest easy in the 3rd period - they'll win!
But if they're down 2 or more goals against the Canucks, Caps, Rags, or Bruins, then might as well just go ice fishing.

But damn you emjay... making me realize the Leafs suck at things I didn't even notice before - WHY!!!!

Past month, when leading by 2 or more.

Gave up lead / Kept lead
Rangers: 0 / 7
Bruins: 0 / 5
Caps: 0 / 7
Wings: 2 / 4
Canucks: 2 / 5
Sharks: 0 / 1

Based on these findings, it's clear to me that the East has better teams. And the Sharks were only up by 2 goals ONCE in the past month? Strange...

Also discovered that the Leafs have never lost when leading after 2 periods this season. So if you are watching the game and they've got their 2-goal lead, you can rest easy in the 3rd period - they'll win!
But if they're down 2 or more goals against the Canucks, Caps, Rags, or Bruins, then might as well just go ice fishing.

But damn you emjay... making me realize the Leafs suck at things I didn't even notice before - WHY!!!!

This is your only criteria for evaluating/comparing teams?

ok... :eyeroll:

This is your only criteria for evaluating/comparing teams?

ok... :eyeroll:

Clearly you have not read anything that emjay and I have been discussing this morning. But yes, this is my one and only criteria for evaluating/comparing teams. There is nothing else that matters except what happens when a team is up by 2 or more goals. Everything else is totally irrelevant.

I think you might have missed something.

Clearly you have not read anything that emjay and I have been discussing this morning. But yes, this is my one and only criteria for evaluating/comparing teams. There is nothing else that matters except what happens when a team is up by 2 or more goals. Everything else is totally irrelevant.

I think you might have missed something.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm emote.

TBH I kind of skimmed over your arguments. You guys sound like blah blah blah Leafs, blah blah blah Leafs...

Roll all you want. Just make sure you have some tread left for the post season.

Looking forward to the post season. Detroit will probably have to hide all the donuts though.

Speaking of donuts, how's the Hitchcock guy working out? IIRC you weren't too fond of him at the start...

^^now that's some trash talkin. Although last I checked the Ottawa Senators don't actually play in Ottawa. Maybe Kanata is the land of rainbows and whatever else you Sens fans are in to?

I'm cheering for Ottawa to end up 1st in the East. Leafs need an easy opponent for the first round. Maybe we can even bring out the brooms again!

Kanata is part of the City of Ottawa. And I would be ok with them being the Kanata Senators (or even better, Stittsville Senators!!), considering I live about 6 minutes away from Scotiabank place. :)

Kanata is part of the City of Ottawa. And I would be ok with them being the Kanata Senators (or even better, Stittsville Senators!!), considering I live about 6 minutes away from Scotiabank place. :)

I remember going to a game in Ottawa. We were staying in a hotel downtown. A limo (high rollaz, yo!) came to pick us up to go to the arena for dinner and then the game. We sat in traffic FOREVER - it was horrible. Took 45 mins to get to the rink, same time to get back downtown.

Driving past the arena in the summer when I had a legitimate chance to look around, it was clear to me that it's in the middle of nowhere. Hockey arenas belong downtown where the tall buildings are. It's way better that way.

Honest question: were you a hockey fan before the Sens showed up? If so, what team did you cheer for?

Maybe I missed the sarcasm emote.

TBH I kind of skimmed over your arguments. You guys sound like blah blah blah Leafs, blah blah blah Leafs...

Sorry man. We were just talking about important stuff. You know, Centre of the Hockey Universe and all. Carry on with your discussion regarding unimportant NHL filler teams. :mug:

I'm starting to warm up, every so slightly, to that fat, donut eating bastard. The team has certainly responded well.

xglyi.gif

I remember going to a game in Ottawa. We were staying in a hotel downtown. A limo (high rollaz, yo!) came to pick us up to go to the arena for dinner and then the game. We sat in traffic FOREVER - it was horrible. Took 45 mins to get to the rink, same time to get back downtown.

Driving past the arena in the summer when I had a legitimate chance to look around, it was clear to me that it's in the middle of nowhere. Hockey arenas belong downtown where the tall buildings are. It's way better that way.

Honest question: were you a hockey fan before the Sens showed up? If so, what team did you cheer for?

I was a hockey fan before the sens came back. I can't get into details about who I cheered for, but it was either them or the frenchies. It was a time in my life I'm not proud of, and I generally try to repress these things.

As for Scotiabank place, it was in the middle of nowhere, but with all the growth around, it's in the suburbs of nowhere now. And they're widening the highway and putting in an extra on ramp, so it won't be so bad when that's all done.

Ahh I knew I could sense a bit of The Force still with you. Don't worry my friend, there will always be a seat for you on the Leafs playoff bandwagon, I'll save it for ya!

You'll be back... They always come back...

Back