Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey it's Recchi!!! He's Canadian! That must make you feel better right????

recchi.jpg

Of course he should be taking credit... he made huge contributions to them getting there... before he was absolutely assaulted by one of the cheapest hits in NHL history. They should have put Rome in jail.

+1.

Fun fact: There was only one american in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Who?

Cape Brewing said:
Of course he should be taking credit... he made huge contributions to them getting there... before he was absolutely assaulted by one of the cheapest hits in NHL history. They should have put Rome in jail.

I think his greatest contribution to their Stanley Cup run was getting knocked the hell out, removing himself (and Rome) from play. Had that ape just gotten up and shrugged it off, things might have gone differently.

lextasy23 said:
+1.

Fun fact: There was only one american in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Who?

Just one? I know Kesler is American, but other than that, not sure...

Even just in the finals there was more than 1 American...(Kesler, Thomas, and assorted Canucks D-men...Alberts, can't remember the others)

....in the entire playoffs....I think that is incorrect

I think he means just the finals series... and he's wrong anyway. I just looked at both rosters.

THomas looks like the only Bruin, who played, who was from the US and Vancouver has a couple of guys (Alberts, Schneider.... you know... the Schneider who played every time Luongo got yanked)

Cape Brewing said:
I know Thomas is from the US...

Hmmm... one player in the whole series from the US and he wins MVP?? coincidence??? doubt it.

Kesler is American too, so the guy is obviously wrong, and I'd bet there are several more as well...

Cape Brewing said:
Hmm... I wouldn't have exected Kesler to be American... you know... with all of the diving and all...

That's actually what gave it away for me :)

Bartkowski is American and from Pittsburgh and the first native of the burgh to get his name on the cup. That fact alone gives me peace with the fact that the beaners won (=

I have a customer in Mexico City who's son plays hockey. Apparently, if you have some hockey credentials and a command of Spanish, you can make a pretty decent cash there as a coach and/or personal trainer.

For the record...
Boston have 22 Canadian players, Canucks have 16.
Boston have 4 American players, Canucks have 6.
Boston have 6 Euro/Russian/etc. players, Canucks have 8.

As for the Americans...
Boston - Bartkowski, MacDermid, Kampfer, Thomas
Canucks - Kesler, Ballard, Alberts, Higgins, Schneider, Sweatt

I looked it up to find the numbers when a Boston friend was talking **** about Canadians during the Cup to make fun of him.

Plus the MVP was from Flint Michigan, 40 minutes from where I grew up, so I consider it my cup. How many players were from Boston?

_

How many players were from Boston?

None. Schneider was the only one from MA.

Here's where the Americans were from:
Bruins: Bartkowski (Pittsburgh, PA), MacDermid (Hartford, CT), Kampfer (Ann Arbor, MI), Thomas (Flint, MI)
Canucks: Kesler (Livonia, MI), Ballard (Baudette, MN), Alberts (Minneapolis, MN), Higgins (Smithtown, NY), Schneider (Marblehead, MA), Sweatt (Elburn, IL)

None. Schneider was the only one from MA.

Here's where the Americans were from:
Bruins: Bartkowski (Pittsburgh, PA), MacDermid (Hartford, CT), Kampfer (Ann Arbor, MI), Thomas (Flint, MI)
Canucks: Kesler (Livonia, MI), Ballard (Baudette, MN), Alberts (Minneapolis, MN), Higgins (Smithtown, NY), Schneider (Marblehead, MA), Sweatt (Elburn, IL)

The second-to-last one, lest we forget, is pronounced "MAAAAAAA-bul-head".

So as of today the thrashers are officially done. Sad day. Even the website has been shutdown. I know it was decided a few weeks ago, but it finally became real today.

Back