Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northjerzyg said:
I think he's just mad, for two reasons........ One, right now, he's losing the series to Hank. Two, he knows in a few years he may be losing his records to the same guy. All of which were set during the trap defense era.

Wonder what his career shots on goal look like compared to other "legends"?

A few years, you're high my friend. The trap era? He's playing in the shot block era. Fact is, he won't catch any of his records. But, he may win this series. I don't see either if them beating LA, man they look good.

bobbrews said:
The cream will rise to the top in the end.

Go DEVILS!!!

I'd give the fallen Rangers a courtesy pour on the dirt, but it would have to be from a can of Natty Light :)

Hey!!! Who invited THIS GUY???? Haha. I'm excited to see the matchups and adjustments today!

ColbyJack said:
Hey!!! Who invited THIS GUY???? Haha. I'm excited to see the matchups and adjustments today!

Thanks for joining us Bobbrews! Only adjustments I see the Devils making is shooting higher and quicker or faking before shooting. Any suspensions from last night???

Northjerzyg said:
I think he's just mad, for two reasons........ One, right now, he's losing the series to Hank. Two, he knows in a few years he may be losing his records to the same guy.

You serious???? That would require the rangers to have a long stretch near the top of the standings for the next 15 years as well as good health and no noticable decline in skill.
None of detroits goalies have come close and they have been the best overall in the laat twenty years

Goofynewfie said:
You serious???? That would require the rangers to have a long stretch near the top of the standings for the next 15 years as well as good health and no noticable decline in skill.
None of detroits goalies have come close and they have been the best overall in the laat twenty years

This. And in the end, Brodeur couldn't give two shats about the records if they didn't include Cups.

ColbyJack said:
I just ordered a LA kings hat jacket and jersey. Vintage style, too, so I can play it off. Gotta beat the rush!!!

Too late, I was first on the bandwagon!

I'm gonna be in LA over Memorial Day weekend. Thinking about buying tickets, but I don't think it will go to game 6 and the finals won't have started yet...

Marty the liability. He makes no effort to find the puck. Devils are folding as soon as things go against them, sad. What's really sad is if the Rags win this series the Kings will kill them, Devils at least have a shot.

I love how MSG continually comes across as some decrepit small-market arena. Not only is it the dimmest in the entire NHL, they have to hold up the game because the penalty box breaks? Jeez... the home team should be penalized when crap like that happens.

sivdrinks said:
Marty the liability. He makes no effort to find the puck. Devils are folding as soon as things go against them, sad. What's really sad is if the Rags win this series the Kings will kill them, Devils at least have a shot.

Nobody has a shot against LA right now.

rjwhite41 said:
Nobody has a shot against LA right now.

Nobody believed me when I said this before they had even eliminated Vancouver. Man, how things have changed!

F"ck yeah baby! Great third period guys, really good win. I actually think NJ would have more success against LA, two teams that play a bit more wide open. Plus I think the Devs would go upstairs often on Quick.

That was a great game by the devils. Marty looked a little rough there. Flopsville. Love that Torts has no problem sitting a star.

Coyotes are in the lead after Quick let in an easy one. Quick looks a bit off, probably because the team has been playing so well that he just hasn't been challenged very much in quite a while.

And that was quickly answered with a breakaway goal by Kopitar, from a beautiful pass by Brown.

MeatyPortion said:
I still say finals will end up as NYR in 6.

Are you high? They couldn't even win against Ottawa or Washington in 6. And I'll probably be able to same about the current series after its over.

The only way I see New York winning it all is if LA somehow loses all momentum and confidence during a week+ long break, but that didn't happen the first 3 times.

I do, however, think NY will do at least as good as Vancouver. LA in 6 (I'd say 5, but it's sweeter to win at home).

If the Devils get some NY bounces they win in 6. Devils/Kings play a similar game, would be a much more competitive series. I think Jersey has a better shot than NY.

Can't find the record for fewest games play to with the Cup. LA might set it at 17 if things keep going this way.

Well, i don't know fewest games, but the best record to a cup was the one of Gretzky's Oilers teams at 16-2.

The only thing that irritates me if the kings win the Cup, is that Carter sulked his way to having his name on the cup.

I love Dustin Brown. Still a Richards fan. Quick is just .... yeah, ****ing insane.

sivdrinks said:
I'm sure everyone knows this but that's why they throw octopus. Why not tarantulas?

Because the tradition was started by a fishmonger. Why the catfish in Nashville? Is it because a catfish has as many legs as they have Stanley Cups?

Latest posts

Back