Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, homer pick on Philly, but I agree they win.
Rags/caps is dead on, rags in 7.
Blues loss #1 was before hitch, another loss was a 0-0 game which we lost in a shootout. We have also never had Perron and McDonald on the ice vs. them, so it's a whole new deal. I say blues in 6.
Nashville could win in 4 or 5. Phoenix will need to play their ass off to steal a game or two.

8 teams, 5 with no cup, 1 with no cup in 30+ years. I hope it's a new cup champion. Pretty cool stuff.

Yes, I'm a Flyers fan, but anyone who thinks NJ is going to win this series in any fashion other than stealing it by playing the series of franchise history, is nuts.

The Devils barely beat Florida (28-32 outside of the SE Division), who definitely is not on the same level as Philly. NJ had 1 point less than Philly, and one more win, but did so by winning 12 games via the shootout, which obviously doesn't exist in the playoffs. Flyers had 7 more wins in ROW.

I know the stats don't mean a ton, but the Flyers record vs the Pens during the season was an indicator of the playoff series winner. However, the trends of the offensive output between Florida and Philly and the Devils lackluster penalty kill doesn't bode well for them.

So, yes, I'm picking my team to win, but not just because I'm a Flyers fan.

Brodeur and the Devs PK continue to struggle and NJ exits early.

And if NJ's 100 million dollar man doesn't magically heal his groin, they're in even more trouble.

Biggest threat to the Flyers are Sykora and Elias, if they wake up. Flyers Killers they are, always have been.

I don't see this being the sweep of two years ago, but the Debbies will need to step up their game.

jtkratzer said:
Yes, I'm a Flyers fan, but anyone who thinks NJ is going to win this series in any fashion other than stealing it by playing the series of franchise history, is nuts.

The Devils barely beat Florida (28-32 outside of the SE Division), who definitely is not on the same level as Philly. NJ had 1 point less than Philly, and one more win, but did so by winning 12 games via the shootout, which obviously doesn't exist in the playoffs. Flyers had 7 more wins in ROW.

I know the stats don't mean a ton, but the Flyers record vs the Pens during the season was an indicator of the playoff series winner. However, the trends of the offensive output between Florida and Philly and the Devils lackluster penalty kill doesn't bode well for them.

So, yes, I'm picking my team to win, but not just because I'm a Flyers fan.

No I hear you man. I agree, I was just ribbing you. If they lose, I would be really surprised. Almost as surprised if they win it all. THAT would be a shock.

I think the Devils underachiever against Florida. Maybe playing Philly forces them to wake up. But I'd agree, Flyers in 5, maybe 6 if Marty plays insane one game.

Brodeur and the Devs PK continue to struggle and NJ exits early.

And if NJ's 100 million dollar man doesn't magically heal his groin, they're in even more trouble.

Biggest threat to the Flyers are Sykora and Elias, if they wake up. Flyers Killers they are, always have been.

I don't see this being the sweep of two years ago, but the Debbies will need to step up their game.

Haven't heard the "Debbies" in a long time. Love it.

No I hear you man. I agree, I was just ribbing you. If they lose, I would be really surprised. Almost as surprised if they win it all. THAT would be a shock.

I gotcha. I just hate the homer thing. I really try to be more critical of my teams than opponents, but that's because I see them play more than any other team.

I think the Devils underachiever against Florida. Maybe playing Philly forces them to wake up. But I'd agree, Flyers in 5, maybe 6 if Marty plays insane one game.

If Marty plays insane, the Devils can absolutely win the series. You only need to score one if your goaltender throws up a couple shutouts. I think it's definitely going to take more than a single goal to win games in this series for the Devils, but Brodeur, like Fleury, has a history of giving the Flyers trouble in the playoffs, but Marty starting Medicare at some point in the next few years.

I'm interested to see if Couturier is matched up against Kovalchuk. I think he and/or Schenn are going to have more fun hitting Kovalchuk as he's definitely not a physical player like Malkin is.

Can't wait for Sunday.

jtkratzer said:
Haven't heard the "Debbies" in a long time. Love it.

I gotcha. I just hate the homer thing. I really try to be more critical of my teams than opponents, but that's because I see them play more than any other team.

If Marty plays insane, the Devils can absolutely win the series. You only need to score one if your goaltender throws up a couple shutouts. I think it's definitely going to take more than a single goal to win games in this series for the Devils, but Brodeur, like Fleury, has a history of giving the Flyers trouble in the playoffs, but Marty starting Medicare at some point in the next few years.

I'm interested to see if Couturier is matched up against Kovalchuk. I think he and/or Schenn are going to have more fun hitting Kovalchuk as he's definitely not a physical player like Malkin is.

Can't wait for Sunday.

He's not as physical, but he's big. Couturier is a great rook. I traded for him on my NHL 11 franchise and he's great there too. Lol.

It would be hilarious if the devils offense came alive and the series had a bunch of 10+ goal games again.

I think you'll see Cam and Boulton here and there in this series. For whatever reason the DEVILS can't stay outta the box, it's gonna kill em. I hate the Gluers but I'm really impressed with them, minus Bryz.

He's not as physical, but he's big. Couturier is a great rook. I traded for him on my NHL 11 franchise and he's great there too. Lol.

It would be hilarious if the devils offense came alive and the series had a bunch of 10+ goal games again.

I'd rather not see those kinds of games, but as long as the Flyers are winning, that's all that really matters to me.

Anderson was awesome last night! However, that was the only Senator that decided to show up!!!

Haha!!! Just kidding. Alfredson and Michalek were beasts. I was screaming at the Rangers for the last 9 minutes of play. Lundquist is the only reason we survived the onslaught of shots and pressure. I think we actually took a page from Ottawa's playbook by springing our defensemen into the offensive play.

God I Love The Playoffs!!!!!!!

Round 2 and tickets in Jersey are $71-$501. Guess I'll be watching at home.

That's my plan.
I'd love to go to the Round 2 games... but not at those prices.
576605_10150840728699314_663094313_11716537_1620412769_n.jpg

I guess they have to rape the 16 fans that will show up to make ends meet!!! Haha. Anyone see the empty seats in Florida last night? Sickening.

ColbyJack said:
I guess they have to rape the 16 fans that will show up to make ends meet!!! Haha. Anyone see the empty seats in Florida last night? Sickening.

Like I said, Philly and NY is filled with corporate sales. Actually, highest price at MSG is $420. Maybe the Devils should actually make it affordable to go to a game if they don't want other fans talkin **** about them.

sivdrinks said:
Round 2 and tickets in Jersey are $71-$501. Guess I'll be watching at home.

$71? Spoiled. I haven't been to a Leafs game in a few years, but last time I did, the cheapest REGULAR SEASON seats were a tad more expensive. Of course, it always sells out anyways so it's difficult to argue they're unjustified. Just sucks to have such a broad, loyal fan base (allowing them to charge more) even when they are such a terrible team. I *wish* Toronto was a bandwagon city.

Anyways, Go Preds!

wildwest450 said:
If Smith didn't think he was a forward this game would be over. Go away Preds!

-

If Smith wasn't so active, I don't think Phoenix would even be here. It's something he's generally been very good at, and you can see it in the immense trust his team has in him when doing so.

Wow. Can't believe Phoenix won (in their 6th overtime in 7 games, no less). Looks like Round 2 might be as crazy as Round 1.

Nashville hadn't played for an entire week though. I'm chalking this one up to rustiness :D

emjay said:
Wow. Can't believe Phoenix won (in their 6th overtime in 7 games, no less). Looks like Round 2 might be as crazy as Round 1.

Nashville hasn't played for like a week though. I'm chalking this one up to rustiness :D

True, but smith was amazing. Nashville owned that ot until 1 face off. Rinne was bored I think.

FreshZ said:
True, but smith was amazing. Nashville owned that ot until 1 face off. Rinne was bored I think.

Possibly. Nashville outshot them *16-1* in the third period. 7 goals (6 in regulation) is way too many for a game between these two teams though... I'll be very surprised if subsequent games continue to be so high-scoring.

Nashville hadn't played for an entire week though. I'm chalking this one up to rustiness :D

restiness sucks

StittsvilleJames said:
I think it was a little girl move. But it's hockey, nothing is over the line (except for a guys children). Fake stick swing didn't seem to bother Holtby, so it probably had the opposite intention from intimidation. Somewhere between pathetic and laughable (from a caps point of view).

Holtby's reaction was priceless.

Oh, and thanx Ottawa for the new chant.............

At 8 mins remaining - 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Ovi Sucks, Ovi Sucks, Ovi Sucks........... Immediately after, caps called for to many men!!!!

If we could get rid of jackman, I'm convinced we would win 70 games. Good period all around though cept him.

STLExpat said:
I wouldn't count them out just yet. All it takes is one goal

Which is a LOT against Quick.

But yeah, anything can happen. If the Blues don't learn to keep their sticks out of the Kings' faces though, they're not going to have a ton of chances.

jtkratzer said:
1 down, 3 to go for LA. Maybe it won't take 7 like I thought.

1 bad play was the difference in the game. 2 horrible calls and 1 bad play. I'll take our chances in 7. After all, we lost game 1, last series and won the next 4.

Back