Epic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... In Dakota's defense... I am a pretty good lookin guy and it was a pretty sweet cookout. It certainly wasn't some stand-in-a-driveway-and-drink "fest" like someone else we know.

29 beers on tap. <--- Doesn't suck

Come on bird give me a little credit, cape is not the ideal choice for any species for looks. Hell I doubt he's even forth or fifth.

Ya ya... When I get a chance tonight I'll edit the video of your deep fried pig.

Do you gave any footage or pictures of the pig and meat before you cooked it? I can add them into the video.

Traditionally you wpuld use banana leaves. They simply seal the pig up a little bit an add a small layer to seal in the steam and protect the pig from scorching too badly. U can't get banana leaves easily so cabbage works pretty well as a substitute. The burlap is washed in warm soapy water to get all of the pil out of it and then rinsed in warm water. That is simply to hold it all together.

I went with a different method this year and had a huge roasting pan fabricated. It was a mistake for the first try. I didnt have any holes in the pan, it filled with pig fat, and deep fat fried 300 lbs of meat.

So next year... I'm drilling some holes

The video that is a couple of pages ago is from two years ago... and I'm not naked

Haven't posted this year's yet (way too lazy) and I assure you, I'm not naked in that one... to the apparent great disappointment of Dakota.

And PS. thank you for posting that link (seriously) but I don't even actually use that method any more.

I've seen the pigcowturducken, inspiring is what it is.

And I was just being a smart ass!

Here are a few pictures of some of the taps.
:rockin:

DSC07656.jpg

DSC07659.jpg

DSC07660.jpg

that's too many choices. it takes me an hour to pick out a six pack from the bottle shop, i'd be flummoxed.

Back