Entering first brew into homebrew contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stricklandia

Reaction score
Has anyone else entered their first brew into a homebrew contest? The timing of my first brew just happened to coincide with a local homebrew contest, so I figured "what the hell." The fee to enter was only $9, and I thought (1) the reviews from expert BJCP judges would easily be worth the $9, and (2) who knows, maybe I'll have beginner's luck? (I'm entering a less common category, so possibly not much competition.) I haven't even tasted my brew yet (just bottled a week ago, and it's still carbing up), so it's entirely possible I'll be entering a really bad brew. But again, "what the hell." :)

Has anyone else tried this?

I entered my second brew that I did an experiment on half the batch with peaches. Have not got the results back for that one yet. I also just entered a mild into the AHA NHC after only have tasted 1 bottle that was only 2 weeks into bottling. I almost enjoying entering things that I am unsure about. I think any feedback is worth it to improve as a brewer. Good luck!

Wow! I admire your courage. Actually I wish I had the opportunity to enter my first homebrew in a contest. It was my best beer I've made so far, so it would have been great to hear what experienced judges would have said. Good luck. Hope you win an award. Let us know if you do.

NRS

Back