ELF best christmas movie.....ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that was part of the point of the rant. I love that movie - Bader Santa is good too but can't let the kids seen that one yet.

With all of the twisted people on this forum (and I say that lovingly), i'm suprised no one has said "The Ice Harvest"............ hey, it happens during Christmas :)

Is The Polar Express the WORST?? My kids like it, but I can't stand the creepy animation and Tom Hanks's voice-over for every character.

Is The Polar Express the WORST?? My kids like it, but I can't stand the creepy animation and Tom Hanks's voice-over for every character.

And santa is this wierd looking freak, and the annoying kid is over the top stupid and unbelieveable, and their eyes are so black and dead.....WTF???

DOH!!!

How did I miss... THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS??????? classic.

I am a huge scrooge... my GF hates it, but honestly, come on! You are going to compare those movies to White Christmas? Miracle on 34th Street? Or the GREATEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER, HANDS DOWN:

A Chistmas Story?

Home alone 4 was on the abc family channel 2 nights ago.

I think it was made for TV.

.....Ice harvest? must google.

home alone 3 and 4 are fakes, 1 and 2 are the only good ones
Thank you
This is not kevin
01327101.jpg

Thank you
This is not kevin

Lol, I was NOT calling you out, but you expect me to be a home alone expert?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Home alone 4 was on TV I rest MY case, lol.

Home the-bless Alone?

Are you guys serious?

Hear HEAR!

The first one was barely watchable, you think I'm gonna sit through number 2 or (the apparently faked) 3 or 4??

national lampoon's chirstmas vacation. no contest. soooo many classic one liners. i did laugh really hard at Bad Santa, to mention a recent one.

I first saw Home Alone on a flight to LA and it was so headache-inducingly awful, I had to take the headphones off and look away! Sorry. MacAuley Queeerkin cannot act.

I first saw Home Alone on a flight to LA and it was so headache-inducingly awful, I had to take the headphones off and look away! Sorry. MacAuley Queeerkin cannot act.

Agreed he was a lousy child actor but he didn't have a TV show he was doing to get better at like some of the other child actors (jodie sweetin, solie moon frye, etc)

A Christmas Story
NLCV
Scrooged
Bad Santa
Elf
Nightmare Before Christmas: GF's choice
Home Alone 1/2
Emmit Otters Jugband Christmas

My list:
1. A Garfield Christmas (not really a "movie", but still)
2. Christmas Story (usually, sometimes it's just frakin annoying to watch)
3. A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stuart version)
4. Anything that isn't Wonderful Life or The Christmas Shoes

8 Pages. Eight until someone mentioned Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas. EIGHT!! You people...

As for Elf, I enjoy that one too. Sure, Will Ferrell hasn't done anything worth a toss since that and Anchorman, but that doesn't matter.

I'm a huge fan of NL Christmas Vacation too. "Can't see the line, can ya Russ?"

As for It's A Wonderful Life, I love the feel good aspect of the movie. It does a great job of encapturing the spirit of the Christmas season.

Where that's a feel-good movie, movies like Christmas Vacation are feel-awesome movies. Absolutely hysterical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back