Electric boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy24a

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys have under your kettles as far as material? Have not done any brewing yet just completing setup. Want to make sure I have the pots setting on a surface that cam take the heat.

Ok, can't go wrong with these These.

Personally, my Brewzilla has feet that lift it up so I just put mine right on my stainless steel table and don't worry about it.

In reality, most materials can take the heat. Temp of the kettle should be around 212 F during boil. If you have a stainless table it could end up acting as a heat sink so you want an insulating layer under the kettle. I use a beach towel under mine. Acts as a thermal barrier, absorbs any splashed wort, and easy to clean.

All of these ideas are good. You can get the big cork pads on amazon, too.
For now, I just use 2 clean 2x4 lumber peices cut to fit under each pot. I believe my way does lose some heat because of the air space below the pots but, its still better than letting the heat be wicked out by the cold table.

I made a table out of some scrap wood and a heavy duty pallet, and topped it with tile. The pot was fine on the tile, but I have a couple of old folded towels under it. As Bad Bubba says above, it insulates some and is good for spills.

Back