elderberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frydogbrews

Reaction score
has anybody here ever juiced elderberries? did it work? i'm going to add it to a mead, but maybe somebody has tried making an elderberry ale or hefe?

I just made an ale with 8 oz of dried elderberries (added in the primary). It came out very tarty and red. I'd be careful about the amount.

Good to know. My neighbor just told me I can harvest his entire tree if I want. I haven't yet decided what to do with them.

my buddy made an oaked elderberry stout. 16oz dried elderberries in the primary. dry hopped with 8oz elderflowers. it came out great a stout can handle and hide the elderberries alot, having never had mead i have no reference there. with the right malt(or honey) profile i think elderberries are great. I would however cover that tree asap as the birds love em and you will have none left if you are not careful.

Sounds like I have something to do tomorrow morning, then! And sounds like I'll have something interesting to add to the graff I plan on brewing on Wednesday. :mug:

Back