Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread makes it really hard to not take off work early and go play skyrim.... ugh!

HA!

I did that yesterday. Had to pick up my son early. he's young and was tired. So, I layed him down for a nap. Then turned on Skyrim. Started around 2:30pm and it stayed on til' about 7:00pm.

Worste I've ever done is last Friday. Started playing at ~10:00. Got tired after a few hours of playing and decided to go to bed. Turned everything off and still heard bird sound. It was 6:00am!

Add to this that I bought COD MW3 the same day I bought Skyrim. I think I have played COD for 2, maybe 3 hours. Awesome game but....

one time i played skyrim from the moment I got home from work (5:30) until 7am the following day when the sun came up. i was like "holy crap WTF SUN?" i seriously thought it was around 2 or 3am until it got light. weird feeling.

one time i played skyrim from the moment I got home from work (5:30) until 7am the following day when the sun came up. i was like "holy crap WTF SUN?" i seriously thought it was around 2 or 3am until it got light. weird feeling.

It's especially no good when you have children who think the day starts ~ 7:00am.

Someone needs to develop a support group for people who need to play endless hours of skyrim. ways to deal with work, wife, kids, and the house that may or may not be deteriorating around you without sacrificing any actual game time.

Does anyone else play on a NON HDMI TV? It is so frustrating....

All the words are scrunched and I'm missinq quite a bit around the edges to the point where my ITEM screen says:
vorites
L ---(half of it)
apons
parel
tions
rolls
od
gredients
oks
ys
sc

And at the top of the screen I don't see what people give me until I get at least 3 lines of writing once. I have a 56" TV but it doesn't have HDMI how sad...

All the words are scrunched and I'm missinq quite a bit around the edges to the point where my ITEM screen says:
vorites
L ---(half of it)
apons
parel
tions
rolls
od
gredients
oks
ys
sc

And at the top of the screen I don't see what people give me until I get at least 3 lines of writing once. I have a 56" TV but it doesn't have HDMI how sad...

sounds like you need to mess with the resolution settings on the xbox. It shouldn't be THAT cut off. unless you've just got an old ass TV that's not projecting right or something

Its on my PS3 but I have also noticed slight cutoffs on TV shows. They are definitely not as drastic or noticeable as in the game though. I don't know how old the TV is, it was left by a roommate last year.

vorites
L ---(half of it)
apons
parel
tions
rolls
od
gredients
oks
ys
sc

sounds like you need to mess with the resolution settings on the xbox. It shouldn't be THAT cut off. unless you've just got an old ass TV that's not projecting right or something

Its on my PS3 but I have also noticed slight cutoffs on TV shows. They are definitely not as drastic or noticeable as in the game though. I don't know how old the TV is, it was left by a roommate last year.

Sounds to me like the screen formatting is set to Zoom.

They do that. Zoom in the screen to offset letterboxing bars. What brand TV?

I started to work on alchemy. You can can make some weird combinations of effects.

Yep.

There is a recipe book you can get from most Alchemist shops.

I've decided it's time to start selling off more loot or disenchanting stuff to learn the spells.

I went through Hags end. Couple that with all the higher value Forsworn primal gear, it took me 2 trips to get everything back to BreezeHome and that was with a 100G min limit on value. Had I decided to keep all the funky Forsworn swords at 90G it'd been 3 trips.

Trouble is that now I have learned where the best prices are for things. And Warmaidens isn't it.

I have more than enough gold so I just hoard stuff. I think I have 8 ebony bows that I don't use since my glass bows are improved more with smithing.

I have more than enough gold so I just hoard stuff. I think I have 8 ebony bows that I don't use since my glass bows are improved more with smithing.

I am sitting on 15k gold on average. The list of stuff in the chest is too long.

And I mostly just keep the enchanted stuff and sell of the other stuff to Warmaiden as soon as I can. The most i have seen her hold was about 3K. Most of the enchanted weapons I've hoarded have a value at 600+.

I've been hoarding them until my price haggling improves. Everytime I smith daggers, I sell them back 1 at a time in hopes that this will improve speech faster. When you've smithed 40 daggers, it takes a LONG fecking time to sell them back.

Smithing the daggers is good tho'. I've gone from s'thiong like 20 or 30 on smithing to 75 in just a few gaming sessions. strictly from smithing iron daggers and leather bracers. A couple more session and I'll have smithing at 100.

GilaMinumBeer said:
I am sitting on 15k gold on average. The list of stuff in the chest is too long.

And I mostly just keep the enchanted stuff and sell of the other stuff to Warmaiden as soon as I can. The most i have seen her hold was about 3K. Most of the enchanted weapons I've hoarded have a value at 600+.

I've been hoarding them until my price haggling improves. Everytime I smith daggers, I sell them back 1 at a time in hopes that this will improve speech faster. When you've smithed 40 daggers, it takes a LONG fecking time to sell them back.

Smithing the daggers is good tho'. I've gone from s'thiong like 20 or 30 on smithing to 75 in just a few gaming sessions. strictly from smithing iron daggers and leather bracers. A couple more session and I'll have smithing at 100.

It would be nice if there were some rich vendors so I could just sell everything at once. Once weapons and armor hits Breeze home, it usually never leaves.

It would be nice if there were some rich vendors so I could just sell everything at once. Once weapons and armor hits Breeze home, it usually never leaves.

This.

I have found that some vendors offer better payouts than others consistently. For example, Tolfdir usually pays out close to list price on robes and staffs. Enthir, not so much. Maybe a quarter of list.

Silver items are more valuable in Markarth. Or, at least they were. Haven't been there in a while.

Standard armor, especially Imperial, fetches a good price at teh solitude smith. But, he doesn't hold much cash.

The general good store in Winterhold pays good for jewelry. Not so good for anything else.

I am tempted to buy a house in Solitude. Not sure if they have fixed the container bugs there or not. But, I am waiting to see what the vendor prices are like in Riften. that house gets an armory in addition to the enchanter.

If prices are right, I'll buy another house there. And use it for my hold.

Would be nice if we could at least buy a grindstone and worktable to keep at home.

Not sure if anyone else has discovered this but you can shave several seconds off the total ore vein mining time by attacking the vein with a pick axe instead of selecting the "mine ore" option.

mightynintendo said:
Not sure if anyone else has discovered this but you can shave several seconds off the total ore vein mining time by attacking the vein with a pick axe instead of selecting the "mine ore" option.

I had to do this because I encountered a bug on PS3 where after the first swing the character would put his pick away and wouldn't use it again. I think you can duel wield picks as well but maybe I'm wrong

I had to do this because I encountered a bug on PS3 where after the first swing the character would put his pick away and wouldn't use it again. I think you can duel wield picks as well but maybe I'm wrong

Yes you can, I found that out while trying to kill everyone while escaping from the markarth prison. Two pickaxes is no match against all those convicts...

H-ost said:
Yes you can, I found that out while trying to kill everyone while escaping from the markarth prison. Two pickaxes is no match against all those convicts...

Did you piss them off? I just shivved the one guy and kept going. I guess it helped that my sneak was 90+ by that point.

Did you piss them off? I just shivved the one guy and kept going. I guess it helped that my sneak was 90+ by that point.

Same here. Shived the unlucky one and then we assembled.

It was being part of that assembly is what made Hroki go from naughty to ice.

You can also build up Illusion by repeatedly casting "Muffle".

I was trying to cast Muffle on Lydia. B!tch stomps around like she's wearing clogs.

Learned that with each casting you get 1 or 2 steps in Illusion.

Never did figure out how to shut her tree stumps up. I guess I'd have to take her boots, equip, cast, and give them back. Not worth it since the spell is only good for 60 seconds.

GilaMinumBeer said:

I was trying to cast Muffle on Lydia. B!tch stomps around like she's wearing clogs.

Learned that with each casting you get 1 or 2 steps in Illusion.

Never did figure out how to shut her tree stumps up. I guess I'd have to take her boots, equip, cast, and give them back. Not worth it since the spell is only good for 60 seconds.

Could give her the Nightingale or Shrouded boots.

This was on my orc and yes they got a little mad when I decided there was only room for ONE orc in that group. Apparently they favored the other guy.

I just recently bought muffle and it is nice to use while killing time. Every cast has been at least a level for me too but I don't think I'm past level 35 with illusion yet.

Could give her the Nightingale or Shrouded boots.

That involves either the Thieves Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, or a vendor with said boots.

I've not even "discovered" Riften yet. Have mostly been focusing on the west coast, and the central plains.

I just recently bought muffle and it is nice to use while killing time. Every cast has been at least a level for me too but I don't think I'm past level 35 with illusion yet.

Ayup. That is my point. Especially if you are a "sneak+bow" type player. Used properly, that combo has little need for magic (if any) so there is no harm in quick equipping Muffle, cast it a time or two, go back to the bow, and start dropping some meat.

I am not even sure I have finished all the questlines, and side quests for each of the holds I have been to. I know for a fact that I haven't started any companions quests. Nor have I chosen Imperial or Stormcloak.

GilaMinumBeer said:
That involves either the Thieves Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, or a vendor with said boots.

I've not even "discovered" Riften yet. Have mostly been focusing on the west coast, and the central plains.

That is true. As a sneaking class, those were the first quest lines I did.

I think I got the letter from the dark brotherhood but I can't recall seeing any other optional quests to join them...

I am trying to make my thief use more alteration and illusion spells but the problem is I am also doing alchemy and most all illusion spells can be made into potions/are unnecessary if your sneak is high enough, have certain "powers" or shouts, or make potions and poisons that do the same thing. As far as alteration goes, I do not need to open locks with magic, breath underwater (argonian), or increase carrying capacity so I haven't found any useful alteration magic yet.

That is true. As a sneaking class, those were the first quest lines I did.

I dunno what you'd call mine. Bipartisan imperial dragonborne? I go where the benifits lead me. I've never wielded a two-handed weapon, nor do I carry a shield. I mostly use a bow and swap between an Ebony Shocks and a Supple Nord Soul Trap. Switch to a dual wield soul trap/fire blades and Molag Bal for close combat. And I use magic and staffs against dragons exclusively.

I've only stolen what was necessary for a quest and have never pickpocketed.

My plan is to exhaust almost everything before I decide to register with either political party.

Anyone know of a fast way to increase alchemy?

I think I'm going to rob all of the alchemists in the world of all of their ingredients and spend 30min at the alchemy table...

I think I got the letter from the dark brotherhood but I can't recall seeing any other optional quests to join them...

I am trying to make my thief use more alteration and illusion spells but the problem is I am also doing alchemy and most all illusion spells can be made into potions/are unnecessary if your sneak is high enough, have certain "powers" or shouts, or make potions and poisons that do the same thing. As far as alteration goes, I do not need to open locks with magic, breath underwater (argonian), or increase carrying capacity so I haven't found any useful alteration magic yet.

You have high Stamina? Each boost in stamina also increases your carry capacity. How can you NOT need to have a high carry capacity, at least for looting? Looting is where I make the most of my money!

I always keep at least 1 waterbreathing potion. But now I have a spell for that too. You'd be surprised what you can find underwater.

Equilibrium, and Transmute are useful. Still looking for Ebonyflesh and Paralyse. Nor sure what will come sith the next class.

I think I'm going to rob all of the alchemists in the world of all of their ingredients and spend 30min at the alchemy table...

Find an alchemist to train you. Kill them and take your money back! :D

H-ost said:

Giant toes + wheat and you can make more gold selling potions back to the vendors than what they cost to buy.

You have high Stamina? Each boost in stamina also increases your carry capacity. How can you NOT need to have a high carry capacity, at least for looting? Looting is where I make the most of my money!

I always keep at least 1 waterbreathing potion. But now I have a spell for that too. You'd be surprised what you can find underwater.

Equilibrium, and Transmute are useful. Still looking for Ebonyflesh and Paralyse. Nor sure what will come sith the next class.

I have an excess of strength potions and philters. And yes, I do have a lot of stamina, it gets more points than health or magicka for me.

Me being argonian I breath water and I do find many a thing down there when I go searching.

I have plenty of paralyse poisons and a dagger that is enchanted with paralyse.

What does equillibrium do?

Back