edworts apfelwein quick fermentation question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
so i made my first batch of apfelwein. this was my first time brewing anything other than beer.

i used the recipe 100% to a T what edwort originally described. 100% apple juice (i used walmart brand), 2 lbs of dextrose, and the right yeast.

it's only been 10 days, and i just checked the gravity for the heck of it, and it's already at 1.000

i thought this stuff took three weeks minimum? it tastes great out of the carboy!

is this possible? should i go ahead and keg it, or let it sit in the carboy longer, just curious.

Glad to see this question asked... I started a gal recipe of welches wine and Edwort at the same time. I know the grape juice has a bit more sugar, but with the added dextrose I figured the apple would ferment like crazy. It's been slow, but steady until today...been about 7 days now. I'll wait till 10 and take a reading too.

Back