EdgeStar Kegerator -- Regular Door vs. Stainless Door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonpi

Reaction score
I've been homebrewing for a couple years and my DIY cheap fridge-kegerator died. Looking to replace it with something I can store not in the garage :)
EdgeStar has a 2-keg kegerator that has a regular (?) door and one that has a stainless door. The stainless door is $40 more.
Does anyone have any strong opinions on EdgeStar in general or on the options they have?
Thanks!

I had that model for a few years. (Non stainless door). It worked great and kept the beer very cold. Only difference i can tell is the door.

I will say this... after installing flow-control faucets and rebalacing the draft lines... i still had foam on my first pours. Then i installed a tower fan ($30-$40 amazon) and it got better... but i ditched the small fridge and tower for a freezer.
I choose an upright, but thoose are big. A small chest freezer can hold 2 cornies easily. Install a collar and you have, imo, a much better device... and for half the cost!

Back