Ebrewery panel mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carkom

Reaction score
I had someone ask me about how I mounted my electric panel so I figured I'd write something up real quick.

I store my brew rig on casters under my workbench (see below). With the rig on casters I didn't want to mount it to the wall and having the panel permanently attached posed a problem with getting it to fit under the workbench.

20131009_082159.jpg

I got a galvanized fence post from HD and attached the panel to the post with an LCD TV mount. I used U-bolts to attach the TV mount to the post. None of this anything new, many have done it before me.

20131009_082504.jpg

To make it removable I took two fence post caps and cut the tops off to make them into rings the fit the post perfectly. I got a two foot piece of 2" black pipe and a cap and JB welded the rings inside the pipe. I U-bolted this whole structure to the side of my brew rig and viola! All I have to do is insert the fence post (with panel and tv mount) into the black pipe and my mount is secure and removable, as well as articulating because of the LCD TV mount.

Parts list
Fence post - $14.67
Post caps (2) - 3.76
LCD TV Mount (just found the cheapest one on amazon that would hold my panel) - This one was $18 when I bought it (supports 65 lbs, just wanted to get something overkill to be sure)
Black Pipe and cap - HD for like $4
U-bolts (2 for TV mount, 2 for black pipe) - HD for like $6
JB weld - Free! since I already had some

Total - $46

20131009_082602.jpg

20131009_082234.jpg

20131009_082432.jpg

Here it is in action, this is before I mounted the pvc pipe set-up.

IMG_20130810_091610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I'm not embarrassed to admit that I am totally going to copy this idea. Still working up the final designs for a wood based brewery on wheels, but now I have a way to mount my control panel. Love the simplicity (and cost). Kudos.

Subscribed
P

Did you cut the cap part off the 2nd cap for the top of the pipe to keep the fence post from shifting? It looks that way, but I'm not sure.

Back