E/SE Nebraska group buy 1/2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can this hold off till Friday? I've got a few guys that I'll be ordering for and I won't see them or talk to them til Thursday night.

I'm thinking my brewing partner and I will be ordering 4 bags? Three 2 row and one Munich 10L.

Sfgoat I didn't forget about you, I'll also see about the chocolate malt and roasted barley.

I've never done a group buy before. Once we sign up do we pay then and there, is it pay when we take it or how does payment work?

I've never done a group buy before. Once we sign up do we pay then and there, is it pay when we take it or how does payment work?

You will receive a PayPal invoice a few days after the buy closes. So you won't have to pay the second you update your order.

And we will have to wait for tre to get back to us about delaying the close date. But officially the last day to order is currently set for Friday I think so if you place your order then it should be fine.

Can this hold off till Friday? I've got a few guys that I'll be ordering for and I won't see them or talk to them til Thursday night.

I'm thinking my brewing partner and I will be ordering 4 bags? Three 2 row and one Munich 10L.

Sfgoat I didn't forget about you, I'll also see about the chocolate malt and roasted barley.

Yeah, I'm adding a few weeks to the buy so we can fill up more. Figure some people will have taxes back by 2/21. If anyone needs to wait even longer, we can do that, or we can do another buy in March. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

40 bags is the sweet spot where we maximize our shipping savings without going onto another pallet.

sfgoat I know for sure we'll split the chocolate with you and I found another brewer that wanted in on it. How's a 4 way split on the chocolate sound?

As for the roasted barley the other brewer I talked to wanted in on it so it's a 3 way split for now and I'm trying to talk MY brewing partner into getting it so we can do a 4 way split on that.

Just throwing it back out there, anyone want to split a Munich Malt 10L?

sfgoat I know for sure we'll split the chocolate with you and I found another brewer that wanted in on it. How's a 4 way split on the chocolate sound?

As for the roasted barley the other brewer I talked to wanted in on it so it's a 3 way split for now and I'm trying to talk MY brewing partner into getting it so we can do a 4 way split on that.

Just throwing it back out there, anyone want to split a Munich Malt 10L?

Yeah so just pm me the emails of everyone hat wants the split and I will set it up in brewbuys so that we all pay accordingly. I will also split that Munich with you if you pm me the email you used to set up in brewbuys.

I just tried to update my order and the list is gone. Anyone know what's going on? This is my first time in a group buy.

Some sort of error. I emailed Tre so he will probably post here once its fixed.

Try now. Sorry guys. The site isn't mine, and it's been a tad buggy here and there, but it's WAYYYYYYY easier than managing a complex spreadsheet. Hopefully it's resolved now.

Did we get the split in chocolate and the other set-up? Also I have another bag or two to add, did we decide to let this run a little longer?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Did we get the split in chocolate and the other set-up? Also I have another bag or two to add, did we decide to let this run a little longer?

We are letting it run longer. I need the email addresses of everyone who wants to split to set it up properly, so you'll have to pm those to me.

Im up for splitting a few more specialty malts as well if someone has something in mind. I was going to get a bag of c60 but I think a whole bag is a bit overboard on that for me. But would consider any other split suggestions.

I got the email notification for the split, I will accept it tonight after work.

I'll look again and see if there are any other specialty grains that interest me.

I saw the update too, but I'm not sure if I need to accept it or if anything needs to be done. I also filled out my request for 4 bags of 2 row so shipping is showing 8 cents a pound now. Awesome!!

I might be up for some splits on other specialty grains depending on who wants what. The 60L might not be a bad idea depending on how many would want to split. Even with a four way split that's 12.5 lbs and that'd last me for years. Not even sure if it'd last for years?

I saw the update too, but I'm not sure if I need to accept it or if anything needs to be done. I also filled out my request for 4 bags of 2 row so shipping is showing 8 cents a pound now. Awesome!!

I might be up for some splits on other specialty grains depending on who wants what. The 60L might not be a bad idea depending on how many would want to split. Even with a four way split that's 12.5 lbs and that'd last me for years. Not even sure if it'd last for years?

Did the email say that you needed to accept it? I don't remember having to accept the splits when they were set up last time.

Not saying that I don't like the website, but it has a ways to go. I think I put in a double order as i couldn't seem to log in any more with my old account.

Not saying that I don't like the website, but it has a ways to go. I think I put in a double order as i couldn't seem to log in any more with my old account.

I noticed that. And it does have a ways to go. I think Rich wanted to take it further but life got in the way. He was doing it all pro-bono after all. I'm up for anything that works. The reports at the end are very helpful for splitting up the order, which is no fun under any circumstances, but even more difficult without them.

I'll see if we can get one of your orders removed Graham. The original one? The one under your email?

I totally get it. Overall the website it is a great start and I know how life gets busy. I checked my order under my non-email log in and it looks good. Thanks for the help.

Ill split a bag of rye with you. I was going to add a full bag, but realistically a half would be plenty.

Got 4 bags ordered, would buy one more if Golden Promise was up there.
Bought a Barley Crusher so I dnt need to borrow one anymore.

I set up the split for the munich.

I see the date on the brewbuys page lists closing as 2/21. Are we thinking that will be accurate this time around?

If there's anything you guys want and don't see, anything at all, let me know. I started basic, but can get you whatever.

Anyone have a status update on the buy?
At what point would will we need to make payment?
Thanks!

Back