E-bay dual temp Thermostats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking at building a dual temp fermenation chamber and using one of those thermostats you see on Ebay. Question is- Some are shipped from Canada , cost $30.00 + $11.00 shipping, other ones ship from Hong- Kong cost $20.00, free shipping, they both look the same. Anyone had experience with either of these?

I've bought one that was shipped from Hong Kong, and one that was shipped from the U.S. Both work great, and seem identical. One thing to be careful of if you buy the Hong Kong one, they often sell 220V and 110V versions, so make sure they ship the correct voltage for your country.

i got the farenheit one for 20 bucks free shipping. depending on what you get you will need to find the right wiring diagram online. took me a couple hours to figure out why mine wouldnt turn on.. lol

What is the farenheit one? Is it the 12v?

I bought from the guy on the east coast... New Jersey or something. Good price, fast shipping.
I avoid China at all costs. Not because I'm patriotic or racist or something.
I'm cheap, so their price is right. If only the shipping wasn't three weeks, I'd go for it.

What is the farenheit one? Is it the 12v?

I bought from the guy on the east coast... New Jersey or something. Good price, fast shipping.
I avoid China at all costs. Not because I'm patriotic or racist or something.
I'm cheap, so their price is right. If only the shipping wasn't three weeks, I'd go for it.
The single stage version displays in farenheit.

Thanks for the info.-- I'm in no hurry to start my build so I think I'll try the one from Hong Kong!! Thanks!!~

I bought the one from Hong Kong, not the 220V. I used this youtube video to guide me. Mine works great. Simple build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back