Dynasty R450-C Kegerator Conversion Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RScottyL

Reaction score
I have acquired a Dynasty R450-C (1994) model mini fridge from someone at work, and want to convert it to a kegerator.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any information about this fridge, and need to be pointed in the right direction.

According to the label on the back, the dimension are:

19.06" w
21.61" d
33.46" h

Here is the product label on the back, showing the model #:

Here is the label from the compressor in the back:

As it currently stands, this freezer compartment sits too low to get any kegs underneath it, and will need to be modified:

Here is a shot of the front, which I will need to repaint:

a shot of the inside of the door, which, I would like to modify and just make it all flat:

A full shot of the inside:

This fridge looks a lot like the magic chef fridge I'm in the process of converting. It's 4.4 cubic feet. Bending the freezer tray can be a b*tch because you can ruin it if you kink the coolant line. This is a pretty good video that hopefully will be able to help you. i was lucky enough to score the exact fridge from the video for only $25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I knew I was going to have to remove that metal freezer section and bend it or move it somehow, so this gives me ideas.

I will also have to definately remove the inner door area, to have more room.

I also then need to figure out if I want to install a tower dispenser, or just go through the door. It will mostly depend on if I can cut through the top with cutting any of the coolant lines.

I would prefer to mount a tower and do it that way, as I don't really have a shelf that I could use to bring the fridge up to height.

I'm planning on going through the top for mine for a tower. You could do one of those cornstarch tests to see if there's any lines on the top. I get the impression with these types of fridges there isn't really much going through the top so it's pretty easy to put a tower on them. Also if you put taps on the door they're kind of low for pouring beer.

Latest posts

Back