Durability of a tilt hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
So my silly a$$ put the tilt hydrometer in the fermenter then i went to go get the yeast ready to pitch and forgot i put the tilt in( usually would put it in after i use a 02 stone) and shook the hell out of the fermenter, probably really banged the tilt around 🤦🏻 Whats the chance i damaged this IYO?

I believe the outside material is polycarbonate, which is used for safety lenses. It scratches fairly easily but is basically shatterproof. I think you're good :)

Just saw that tilt sells replacement cases 15 bucks which I didn’t know and thats great if did manage to scratch it up

I once lost the end cap, then send multiple replacements and gaskets for free. That's a stand up company!
Im happy they are a good company and have replacement parts, tilt is not cheap but really like it

The inclinometer chips in there can take a 1 ft drop on hard surface~ 2000 g’s. With all the liquid in there, I doubt you reached the limit. Does it read out?

The inclinometer chips in there can take a 1 ft drop on hard surface~ 2000 g’s. With all the liquid in there, I doubt you reached the limit. Does it read out?
Yes it reads, and i inspected it doesn’t even have scratches 🤙🏻 Just wont do that again

Back