DuoTight tubing system from KegLand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically the same as the john guest type fittings. The tubing seems small to me but it depends on what you use it for i guess. You can find them on aliexpress for cheap if you dont mind waiting on shipping. Williams is obviously better if you think you might return it. Micromatic sells similar parts as well.

Was told these are pretty common/popular in uk/auz/nz.

Thanks, SanPancho! They are supposed to be sized for 5/16 and 3/8 tubing, which sounds more like gas line or commercial beer line sizes.

Its actually smaller i think. 3/16 and 1/4 inside i believe. Those types of fittings always call out the outside diameter, not inside like we usually do. Depending on thickness of material the id can vary widely. You really gotta pay attention to the sizes and how they interact.

Oh, so that's actually the O. D.? You're right about the sizes. If you don't know both the O. D. and I. D., you may end up with something that won't work for you.

if you use their fittings and connect to a faucet then you're home free. but if you just run a picnic tap then there's no way youd be able to squeeze a firm 5/32 line over a 1/4 barb on the tap.

havent tried it, but seems unlikely.

Back