Dry Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upheaval

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some input on something. I just added dry hops to my beer, after adding the hops I pressurized my fermenter, which caused the hops to flush to the bottom of my vessel. I'm now worried that my beer wont be in contact with the hops in the way it needs to be. Did I shoot myself in the foot? Immediately after doing that I wish I would have added them into my hop spider.

Thanks in advance

As weird and unlikely as that sounds, the hops are still in the fermentor with the beer, yes? If so good stuff will happen.

Besides, I can't imagine something more difficult to truly clean and sanitize than a hop spider, which is fine in the boil, not so much in what's supposed to be a near-sterile environment...

Cheers!

No worries. I actually visit my dry-hopped fermentors at least a couple of times a day to gently rock them to get the hop mush to sink. Fully immersed hops are bound to be at least incrementally more effective than a floating raft...

Cheers!

Back