Dry hopping question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
I am brewing a cascade IPA tonight and I intend on dry hopping this beer when it's finished fermenting. I am huge on hop aroma I love that citrus, pine, and floral blast that you get in the nose with a dry hopped IPA. I am doing a 5 gallon batch and using pellet hops. How many ounces should I use to dry hop this beer? I probably will only dry hop for 7-10 days and I am leaning towards 2oz. LMK?

Usually I dry hop with one ounce but it comes down to preference. I know people that use 3 ounces but it is overpowering to me. Its whatever you like. I say try it and if its too much then back off next time. Plus if it is too much it will mellow over time.

I just did a big cascade APA and dry hopped with three ounces for a ten gallon batch, turned out great! You should be fine with 1.5 - 2 ounces.

:mug:

No less than 1 oz of pellets. I made an American Pale Ale with 37 ibu's that I dry hopped with 1oz of pellets and it was spot on Sierra Nevada with more hop aroma...awesome and will brew that again.

Back