Dry hopping and gelatin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cephalus

Reaction score
So I 'm just starting an IPA and wanted to experiment with gelatin finings. So, after the primary I plan to dry-hop with 2oz amarillo leaf. I'm concerned about the effectiveness of the finings with all the hops in the secondary. Should I dry-hop for one week and then add the finings with the leaf for an additional week in the secondary? Or would it be more effective to dry-hop for one week in secondary and then rack to a tertiary with finings for an additional week. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dude, if I was you I would leave the gelatin for guys that need 3 plus months of shelf life and very clear beer.

I find if you use pellet hops, 2 to 4 oz, depending on how hoppy you like your grog, the powdered hops will pull allot of yeast to the bottom.

Just dump the hops in right before the ferment is over and cool about 4 days in and wait for a few more days. Then rack off the hops and yeast!!

Great dry hop flavor, clear beer and no messy hop bags and gelatin!

Back