Dry hopping a Coopers Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePonchoKid

Reaction score
My second Coopers batch is turning out beautifully. I experimented a bit with sugars and It's become quite strong. I was thinking about dry hopping this batch with a 1/2 oz. of Williamette aroma hop pellets. If successful what should I expect? A little bitterness and a little bouquet? Will it lend any sense of extra body at all? I was thinking that I'll just boil a steeping bag and a string and string it in to my keg for a couple days or so.

Yup, Dry hopperd my last coopers batch(also my 2nd), Only tried my 7 day post bottled sample, but the Aroma came out OUTSTANDING. Much much more interesting than my 1st coopers, the basic Aussie Pale ale.

1st time using actual hops, I want to add them to everything now.

How did you do it? I'm thinking that I'll transfer to corny and then dry hop. Rather than opening up the fermenter to toss in the hops (I'm using a bottling bucket for a 2-4 week primary, straight to keg). How many days? Good to read positive results!

I had pellets for the 1st time, so I just tossed them in no problem. Small problem when I went to bottle a few weeks later though, they didnt all settle, so I had alot of little green things floating around. Looked like seaweed.

No clue how Its going to look once I pull out those bottles, Only effected the ones that were near the end of bottling, they all floated around the top. Looked like tiny seaweeds in the bottle(man, i hope they sink....)

I dry hopped for the second time the other night(not a coopers malt kit, but coopers fermenter) and I had only leaf hops. I took a nylon little knit bag thingy, sprayed it with star san dried it for a few minutes and tossed the hops on and dipped them right into my fermenter. I plan on bottling next week, so will probably have the dry hops in for about 8 days.

I always use muslin hop sacks when dry hopping. Keeps things cleaner that way. But leaf hops expand a lot more,so I use a muslin grain bag for them. I dry hop 1 week typically.

Thanks. I'm past the kits (*nose in the air*). I did add 2oz dry hopped to a brew and noticed how quickly it died down after it peaked. About a week no more pretty much.

How do these canned IPAs keep their profile? Less reliance on dry hopping and more on late additions?

Latest posts

Back