Dry-hopped wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oylerck

Reaction score
How many of you dry hop your wheat and what with vs. not at al? American wheat, supposedly a boulevard clone but I haven't tasted it. I haven't decided yet what I would like to do.

I have a rye wheat APA with amarillo in the keg on tap right now. I think the citrus and floral aroma's go well with the wheat.

I have a rye wheat APA with amarillo in the keg on tap right now. I think the citrus and floral aroma's go well with the wheat.

What about cascade or centennial, I have no Amarillo.

Not sure if this helps but I brew variations of NEIPAs that are pretty much a super hoppy American Wheat. IE> about 50% flaked wheat. I like the fruity and citrus stuff like citra, comet, centennial, mosaic, etc. I think a blend of cascade and centennial would probably do well.

How much dry hops did everyone do? I did 1 oz cascade and .8(last of bag) centennial.

fwiw, for many years I used to dry hop my wheat brews with Hallertau and UK Goldings but last year I used Mosaic and haven't gone back.
An ounce and a half per 5.5g fermentor (I usually do a double batch)...

Cheers!

How much dry hops did everyone do? I did 1 oz cascade and .8(last of bag) centennial.

The last beer I had on tap was a NE style IPA so it had a ton of dry hops in the keg. I eyeballed whatever was leftover from brew day but I'd say it was at least 5 oz's.

For this rye wheat beer I have i just reused the hop sack from the NE ipa and added about another ounce of amarillo to it. I must say it's working out nicely. It's hoppy but not crazy like the NE one was.

Latest posts

Back