droid brewing apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nobodies got anything? i thought for sure there would be some kind of log sheet or something. All i have are calculators and a timer.

nobodies got anything? i thought for sure there would be some kind of log sheet or something. All i have are calculators and a timer.

Hi - I'm the developer for brewzor. What are you looking for specifically? I'd be happy to add additional useful features to the app. Do you just want a "Brewday checklist" of sorts?

Feel free to pm me, or make a feature request through the website at http://brewzor.com

Yea im alil disappointed too. I figure the phone is still too new. Give it some time. Im still using Beersmith on my laptop.

I am the developer for Home Brew Calculators on the Android Platform. I am currently working on a fully functional Home Brew Recipe Manager and Scheduler to replace desktop applications like BeerSmith, BeerTools, Alchemy, etc. If there are any features that you feel would be essential to have with you on the go, please let me know.

http://ghostchilisoftware.blogspot.com

I am the developer for Home Brew Calculators on the Android Platform. I am currently working on a fully functional Home Brew Recipe Manager and Scheduler to replace desktop applications like BeerSmith, BeerTools, Alchemy, etc. If there are any features that you feel would be essential to have with you on the go, please let me know.

http://ghostchilisoftware.blogspot.com

Is there a lite or trial version to see if I like it before buying the full version?

I found one called Brew Calculator, if anyone is still looking. I may be upgrading to a droid, so I haven't used this, but it looks like something similar to iPhones BrewPal

I found one called Brew Calculator, if anyone is still looking. I may be upgrading to a droid, so I haven't used this, but it looks like something similar to iPhones BrewPal

Ok, so it's not a recipe manager, my bad. Looking forward to what these guys put out for managers though!

I just started using Brewzor on my DroidX. I like it a lot so far, but can anybody tell me how do I calculate efficiency on this thing? I'm sure it's somewhere, I just can't find it.

I just have to say that its a pretty cool thing that when someone asks about apps, the creators of those apps, jump right on and ask if there is anything they can do to help. It not only gives credit and strength to the power of HBT, but also the fact that these guys are paying attention and actually care about this stuff.

Hats off to you guys!

I sometimes use "Brew Timer" on brew day, the "BJCPDroid" just to help inspire my next recipe, and a non-brewing app called "Inventory" for keeping up with my stockpiled hops and yeast and things.

I still stick with Beersmith on the PC for recipe development.

+1 for Brewzor. I use beersmith as primary in the house...and use Brewzor on my Evo4g out at the brew for quick calculations...mostly strike/mash water/temp adjustments, hydrometer correction, and gravity adjustments (dilution).

I would just love to see a relatively simple recipe calculator with a user submittable recipe and ingredient database - user generated content will grow very quickly and being able to add in all sorts of weird ingredients when I'm out and about would be awesome...

I just looked it up and it should be available any week now...they are in beta testing (or maybe still just alpha) for now....but a lot of people seem to like it.

I WILL check out Brewzor as well as it seems to be the theme of this thread.

Anything new to add? I see quite a few options now but don't know what some of you guys have found or are using.

I think I have downloaded and tried each and every droid app out there and I have to say, I haven't found one single app that does everything I'm looking for.

Maybe if I have more time later, I'll compile a list of what I've used and the pros/cons, what is missing from each.

There is an app called Best Brewing Apps that is kind of a collection of some (but not all) of the apps out there.

Right now I have a folder with all of the apps that I use, and I just bounce around to what I need at the time.

What i think I need is an app that I can import a recipie saved from beersmith and use it on brew day with timers, simple adjustment calculators, and data fields where i can store measurements until i get back to beersmith in the house... basically just keep me from having to print it off and watch a clock.

I will try these that you all have suggested.

I switched from an Iphone to a galaxy note 2 this week so I am looking for new apps, I used brewpal on the Iphone and loved it. Is there a comparable app for the droid out there?

It has been mentioned on this post but I use BrewR, you do gotta enter your recipes manually but I like it alot. Has a hop schedule with alarms for brewday and if your not doing a full 5 gal. It has a feature to scale recipes. You can also send and recieve recipes from fellow users if you have thier gmail email addy. Great tool for me on brewday.
Also gives you projected OG FG SRM and ABV and other such stats

Im biased because I made it, but look into BrewAide. I made it to be compatible with dropbox and both BeerXML and BeerSmith Recipes. Has brewday timers and tools. Gonna add in recipe scaling in a later update, been busy with work and other projects so its taken a back seat for the time being.

Also im on here often and have a thread for request/bugs and tend to be pretty responsive. The best part is its Free

Nice, let me know what you think, im currently in the process of upgrading the interface. The current interface is lacking a little (its my weakness), but getting some help from a friend

Installed all of the ones mentioned throughout this thread. Its really nice to see the devs on here looking for input. Best place to actually get feedback from your target audience. 2 things that I would like in a home brew app would be An inventory, and the ability to make a shopping list off of a recipe. Or even without it.
My .02 Thanks again.

-BBS

BeerSmith 2 Lite is on android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=beersmithllc.beersmith.beersmith2

I haven't tried it. I use Beersmith 2 on my desktop, and I haven't really needed anything else. I just print my brewsheets, but it does seem like something that would be fun to have. I wonder if you can tweak recipes from the app?

God, I wouldn't get anything done at work if I could do that.

Brewersfriend.com is optimized for mobile displays. No real need for an app, per se', although they do have one on Google Play. It's mostly just a collection of calculators etc. The website is the way to go.

+1 for BrewAide. The dropbox sync of xml files is the winner here because I can create a recipe on my computer, and then sync it to my phone, tablet, or another computer. With recipe formulation, it would be the perfect all in one app that seems to be so elusive on Android. FYI, I use a combination of BrewMate, BrewBlogger, and BrewAide to create and store recipes.

Edit to say: I've used most of the other apps, and BrewAide is by far the best. Other ones require proprietary file formats and clunky interfaces.

Back