Drinking and online activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zepth

Reaction score
Let's keep things simple here. I try to avoid online activity ( or random contact of friends) while randomly intoxicated. For some reason it seems somewhat more acceptable here. Likely because of the fact that hbt users tend to be united in the creation of quality alcoholic beverages. Thoughts?

Maybe. Or maybe it's just that we're relatively laid back people, even when we're inebriated.

We're not allowed to post religious or political stuff in the forums (aside from the Debate Forum), and I can't really think of anything else I'd be all that obnoxious about.

I'll second the laid back culture on HBT.

I see to many idiotic drunk posts on social media too.

I'm thinking we're experienced drinkers, not rookies, in general. How many here get excited because it's July 4th or Memorial Day, so we have an excuse to drink? We know how to handle it; we leave amateur days and reasons to the amateurs.

You promised to never bring that up again. I told you I'm sorry! It was just a mistake, one time. Won't you ever forgive me?

Wait a minute Yoop! You said you were MY mom? Lol

This is the only social media I will play with. There's no social pressure that I'm feeling to follow the sheeple and I really enjoy reading most of the topics.

And one thing I find pretty common about most home brewers is we are all just so happy to share our brews and get some feedback.

Anybody's who's woken up with a headache, a dry mouth, and an few e-mails from E-bay that says "You are the highest bidder!" learns pretty quick to dial internet activity back a bit while drinking.

I'm almost always sober. If I'm actually drunk I can't even see my phone.

I guess we just have different standards.

Back