Drilling Into A Fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThaDutchMasta

Reaction score
Just wondering if its at all worth it to try and drill into my mini fridge so i can have my 20lb co2 tank hidden behind it? Any tips on doing a mod like this?
BTW my fridge doesn't have a drain hole

It is easy pie. The main thing you have to do is be certain you don't hit any of the 'guts' of the fridge. It is a very good idea, I just drilled my beer fridge a week or so ago. You'll want a hole saw of the proper diameter for best results. First I pilot drilled with a very thin diameter bit and then I drilled the hole for the line and then inserted plastic tubing that the gas line fits into, to protect the line and make it a clean job.

+1 on zoe's recommendation. Use the smallest drill bit you can find to poke around.

That's how I found a good place to mount my manifold inside my chest freezer. Worked like a charm.

thanks for the replys im going to be drilling it today its a GE mini with enough room to fit two in there, once i remove the inside door panel. Im assuming you drilled though the side or even the back? The components are housed on the bottom backside of the fridge. I have pictures but can't upload them...:mad:

Did it to my mini fridge a while ago. Is not hard. Jus tbe sure you don't drill into any of the freon lines and it's no problem.

Back