Drilling Into A Fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ThaDutchMasta

Reaction score
Just wondering if its at all worth it to try and drill into my mini fridge so i can have my 20lb co2 tank hidden behind it? Any tips on doing a mod like this?
BTW my fridge doesn't have a drain hole

zoebisch01

Reaction score
It is easy pie. The main thing you have to do is be certain you don't hit any of the 'guts' of the fridge. It is a very good idea, I just drilled my beer fridge a week or so ago. You'll want a hole saw of the proper diameter for best results. First I pilot drilled with a very thin diameter bit and then I drilled the hole for the line and then inserted plastic tubing that the gas line fits into, to protect the line and make it a clean job.

wizardofza

Reaction score
+1 on zoe's recommendation. Use the smallest drill bit you can find to poke around.

That's how I found a good place to mount my manifold inside my chest freezer. Worked like a charm.

OP
T

ThaDutchMasta

Reaction score
thanks for the replys im going to be drilling it today its a GE mini with enough room to fit two in there, once i remove the inside door panel. Im assuming you drilled though the side or even the back? The components are housed on the bottom backside of the fridge. I have pictures but can't upload them...:mad:

Special Hops

Reaction score
Did it to my mini fridge a while ago. Is not hard. Jus tbe sure you don't drill into any of the freon lines and it's no problem.