Drill on Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
Hi,

I hooked up my drill to the BC to test it out. It seems to make a noise as if not rotating straight. Is my drill not attached properly (tried 5 times)? Or, is this a normal sound?

Thanks

mine never makes any noise that you wouldnt expect. does it make the noise when you use the hand crank?

isnt there a little piece they ship between the rollers you are supposed to remove before you try it out? I cant remember if BC is the one that does this, but if its still there, it might be making the noise.

no,there's a little O-ring that goes between the rollers that will falls off eventually. It's not necessary. In fact, I'd just cut the damn thing off if I bought another one. Yeah, I dont know what's wrong with your BC. Mine runs silent without grains in it.

I fiddled with it some more. The noise is actually from the drill. I guess that I am having problems getting my drill on exactly straight. It makes no noise with the handle on. Maybe I will have to try a different drill?

I got a 10 amp chicago electric d-handle drill from harbor freight for like $25 (on the advice of this forum). It plugs in, but that's what makes it such a beast. It roars right through the grain without hesitation. All but the more expensive cordless drills will get broken if you use them to mill grain.

Back