Dried "Beer" in Blowoff Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigy

Reaction score
I brewed my first all-grain batch in over a year this morning and only had used the Mr. Beer kegs previously, never used a "carboy" that required a blowoff tube.

I checked it before going to bed this evening and there is dried beer / krausen in my blowoff tube (as seen below). I am assuming this is totally normal, but wanted to make sure I shouldn't do anything to the beer tonight to avoid a huge mess tomorrow morning. Beer seems to be really active right now.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

ykyFams.jpg

Just in case, I would put them in the cooler they are sitting on top of. But, what is happening is very normal.

Just in case, I would put them in the cooler they are sitting on top of. But, what is happening is very normal.

Moved it into the storage box below - thanks for the advice.

Yup. Totally normal. Looking good. Healthy active yeast you got going there.

Thanks! Glad to see this is normal, you rarely see activity like this in the Mr. Beer kegs so this is exciting.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Home Brew mobile app

I do 2.5g batches is my MR Beer kegs, I have had a few of them with krausen up on the lid

Back