Don't want your delivered brewstuff stolen from your porch? Check this out...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I heard about this on our neighborhood website. USPS offers what they call Informed Delivery, if you sign up for it you will get an email notification every day with scans of the mail you will receive that day. We've had a spate of packages & mail stolen in our neighborhood lately. I just signed up for it because our passports are being mailed out soon and I want to make sure we get them. Registration is lengthy but it may be worth it.

I"ve been doing informed delivery for a long time. I get an email every day with our scanned mail. But not everything is scanned, and it just says "mailman with packages" if there is something too large to fit in our mailbox. It's better than nothing, for sure, but not really very informative.

I hear about this thievery a lot. And other mishaps in nice neighborhoods.

My solution is that I live in the hood and never have anything stolen. Ever. It's quiet as the grave here.

I hear about this thievery a lot. And other mishaps in nice neighborhoods.

My solution is that I live in the hood and never have anything stolen. Ever. It's quiet as the grave here.

We've never had anything stolen either- but when I bought a new TV on Black Friday, I made sure to be home to meet UPS! It was a 45" tv in a flat screen big box, with the words "SMART ULTRA 4K TV" prominently displayed.

That might have been too tempting just sitting on my front porch on my neighborless street.

I use the Amazon lockers as well, but sometimes you don't get the option to have stuff shipped there (oversize, gremlins, whatever). If nothing else I get stuff shipped to my work. I just have to make sure I leave instructions when ordering for no weekend deliveries. We ordered a Nintendo Classic Mini for our christmas present to each other and I'm having it shipped to work...no way in hell I want the package thieves to get that!!!

Back